What would you trade for

dfg4240

Jun 26, 2008
Pittsford,NY
Detector(s) used
whites eagle Spectrum. Mxt, Silver umax, Bandido ll umax, X-terra 70, Xterra-705, fisher F5, fisher CZ-70 pro
(3)Tejons, 3-Cibola, Teknetics T2, minelab Safari. Minelab SE Pro, Fisher CZ-3d. (2)el
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you had a mint tejon-just a few months old and an extra lower shaft and coil (5" concentric)-what metered detector would you trade even for?
Just looking for coins -only used on mild soils and fresh water beaches.
thanks

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post it under the MD for sale section and you will probably get some hits. Being a new member you will probably need to attach a photo. Some of the guys have been ripped off. Monty

OP
OP
dfg4240

dfg4240

Jun 26, 2008
Pittsford,NY
Detector(s) used
whites eagle Spectrum. Mxt, Silver umax, Bandido ll umax, X-terra 70, Xterra-705, fisher F5, fisher CZ-70 pro
(3)Tejons, 3-Cibola, Teknetics T2, minelab Safari. Minelab SE Pro, Fisher CZ-3d. (2)el
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one of my fears and I have bought and sold many,many detectors as I am sure you have.
Fortunately almost all the members here are honest and dealing with each other is a great way to trade off and try different products.
OH well maybe I will do that and see what comes up but I have noticed there are quite a few newbies.
dfg4240

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty said:
Post it under the MD for sale section and you will probably get some hits. Being a new member you will probably need to attach a photo. Some of the guys have been ripped off. Monty
I am courious about the number of people that have been ripped off......I'm sure almost all sellers are legit but wondering what your chances are to get stung?

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Klondike bar :dontknow: they seem to be in from all the commercials I've seen lately.

OP
OP
dfg4240

dfg4240

Jun 26, 2008
Pittsford,NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard some got ripped in another forum that ends in depot.
they even have the guys name and address I guess and he did it more than once.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some jerk tried to rip me off right here on this forum but I caught on in time. He wanted to buy a detector I had listed. I told him I would ship it on receipt of payment because he only had 3 or 4 posts. He wrote back he was sending a money order but it was 500 bucks over the amount and he wantd me to cash it and send him the change and the detector! BS! I just happened to be in charge of Frauds at the local PD at one time and recognized it right off. I told him the next knock at his door would be the FBI and never heard from him again and he deleted all his few posts. The money orders were stolen and forged I'm positive. Had I cashed them I would be stuck with owing $500.00 to the bank and getting involved with an investigation. I reported it but never heard anything. Monty

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
Monty, that's quite the scam story. So far I've never had a problem when dealing with people online. I do have a different attitude than most and operate in a manner many would never duplicate.

What I do is send the detector I want to sell directly to the purchaser and let them handle the device and even test it. If they want it, they send me a bank check. If not, they ship it back.

You're probably thinking this is asking for trouble. So far no person when shown this kind of trust has hurt me. Not one. Have sold a dozen detectors over the years. I have faith in people and do not sweat the amount of money a detector costs in the first place. If I lose it, I lose it. But I've found if you extend yourself to others they go out of their way to be a good sport.

Life comes with no guarantees. To make a bad deal like this is something I'd put out of my mind in about 15 seconds if it happened. I never worry about what has passed. Just move on.

OT

SirJoey

Aug 9, 2010
Aboard a UFO, hovering over South Carolina...
Detector(s) used
White's Classic 5 ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's a classic scam, Monty. I've had that one tried on me SEVERAL times while trying to sell stuff on Craigslist.

The Lord Is My Shepherd!
sirjoeysigmedij1.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions