money conversions

sectshun8

Sep 3, 2010
Golden, CO
Found an online calculator that adjusts for inflation up to 2009... your $10,000 in 1864 would now be roughly....

$135,620.45 :o

BloodyBelle

Aug 22, 2010
Wonderful! I thought this was about exchange rates. I'd love to know what 3500 1963 bucks would be worth now.

BloodyBelle

Aug 22, 2010
Thank you very much. I was given a dining table and chairs by a family who lost their money MOTHER that I did a cache hunt for. It is impeccable. I was thinking that if I put it out properly it would only get destroyed between The Kid and The Dog and that maybe it would be smarter to sell it. Thanks again.

Correction--lost their mother!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
a private in the union army during the civil war made about 50 cents a day . --- yep half a dollar a day to face folks firing at you and and trying to kill you --nuts huh?

SushiDog

Oct 5, 2010
Sacramento, California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark (Under water unit)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made $98.00 a month starting out in the military....I was happy....SushiDog

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Ivan:
Adding on: AND he probably could walk to 'work' each day AND all his clothing, including shoes were free AND he had job 'security' if he wanted to work till retirement age AND a "Welcome Back" (versus my NAM generation) when he returned AND endless fun-filled veteran anniversary parties for the rest of his life.
Heck, that CW vet had it made!!
(slight tongue in cheek),
Don.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread