Low Alpha Lead: informations

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that must of been exciting congratulation,may be the battery company or sinker company.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
lift-loop has a point: You know how there is a core refund price on used car batteries? (ie.: bring back your old battery, and you get $1 or $2 or whatever) "core charge" for auto batteries, right? The reason they do this, is that there is lead value in the batteries, that can be re-used. So if you go to a car-battery place (not just a retailer store, but the actual geographical distribution warehouse type places that send out the route-trucks to deliver batteries to individual gas stations, auto-parts stores, etc....) Sometimes they buy lead too, in addition to the lead in their own auto battery cores. Or, at a minimum, they can direct you to whomever in your area recycles. Usually it will be the same places that do aluminum, brass, copper, etc.... (that construction companies bring in when wrecking buildings, etc...)

I warn you: per the pound, it's not much. And it fluctuates too (hence the up and down prices given for "core refunds" on car batteries). Unless your lead is really easy to access, and you have the end-of-the-line buyer (not just a middle-man, who himself sells to someone beyond him, and so forth), it's probably not worth your while.

Dunno what you mean by "loading coils".

OP
OP
T

Toni

Sep 7, 2010
What I actually said is that I found a large amount of lead in a shipwreck galleon 400 years ago and I believe it has commercial value especially for industries such as IBM and INTEL. I watched the story of the Odyssey group, but do not know how to contact possible buyers.

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Toni, I have wonderd this too. I have looked but am unable to locate a source that buys that type of lead. Maybe someone on here knows where to sell it...d2

OP
OP
T

Toni

Sep 7, 2010
D2, got in some forums on the subject and the result is the same. There is talk that this lead has a high quality and value that is in short supply, but there are no buyers and this is very strange ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions