Kellyco Service

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WIT said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
WIT said:
I've been a buyer/seller on ebay for the past 10 years and consider myself an expert who also has 100% positive feedback. With the current system, buyer/seller ratings that are now in place (for the past 5 years or so) it would take one hell of a hack to "fake" your ebay reputation or steal someone else's for that matter. Just my 2¢ -WIT

It is possible, I got email with official Ebay header, logo and by all accounts looked legit including email tracking headers stating their was a problem with my account, and to use the hot links supplied in email to change my ebay password. It was fake..

There are fake PayPal emails too and I had money stolen a few years ago which I was lucky enough to get back. What I'm saying is that, if you are logged into ebay find a seller that has something you want to buy, it would be VERY hard for them to fake their 800(or whatever) Positive Feedbacks. It's just not happening

The point I was trying to make is if they can scam someone into giving their password, they can use their username and password to login and change anything in their account they wish to change including their shipping address. You can tell by the spacing of their feedback how often the account is used, which will give someone an idea of how often the account is monitored.....

I am just saying it is possible to use someone elses account....

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
WIT said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
WIT said:
I've been a buyer/seller on ebay for the past 10 years and consider myself an expert who also has 100% positive feedback. With the current system, buyer/seller ratings that are now in place (for the past 5 years or so) it would take one hell of a hack to "fake" your ebay reputation or steal someone else's for that matter. Just my 2¢ -WIT

It is possible, I got email with official Ebay header, logo and by all accounts looked legit including email tracking headers stating their was a problem with my account, and to use the hot links supplied in email to change my ebay password. It was fake..

There are fake PayPal emails too and I had money stolen a few years ago which I was lucky enough to get back. What I'm saying is that, if you are logged into ebay find a seller that has something you want to buy, it would be VERY hard for them to fake their 800(or whatever) Positive Feedbacks. It's just not happening

The point I was trying to make is if they can scam someone into giving their password, they can use their username and password to login and change anything in their account they wish to change including their shipping address. You can tell by the spacing of their feedback how often the account is used, which will give someone an idea of how often the account is monitored.....

NO

It's much more complex than that, sorry.

You sound like a paranoid person who should just stay away from ebay.

OP
OP
devan

devan

Aug 3, 2010
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 / Fisher F44
Shortstack said:
I think you'll find that the "unconfirmed address" stuff has to do with the shipping method. UPS requires a confirmed street address.......NO post office boxes. My guess is that Kellyco is using that as an excuse and it's pretty strange that "Frank" is the only person who can authorize a refund; especially when it's the pay TRANSACTION that is to be negated; not the actually handling of monies.

I have made one purchase from Kellyco as sort of an experiment to see what kind of service I got and the deal went through pretty smooth, but I won't use my one deal as a solid recommendation because I've read other folk's comments of their "one deal" going crappy.

Devan, maybe your best bet is to set up as a dealer for the lines of detectors you're most interested in. With the bank line of credit set up when you qualify with the manufacturer, your purchases should go smoother. If you're moving that many detectors, sounds like you could make some money while providing a good service to your area.

I am using my Po Box address on all my ebay purchases, it's more secure that having the item show up all over the place and unsafe to have more hands handles it before reaching me, USPS has had no problem using my Po Box address for the 7 MD's they sent to me, I think it's a matter of 'send the stuff to RSA Customs for clearance [and USPS has done their job] , then RSA Customs forwards it to my PO Box for collection and payment'

regards

Devan

OP
OP
devan

devan

Aug 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 / Fisher F44
WIT said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
WIT said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
WIT said:

NO

While I am no 'expert' on Ebay, I have been very lucky to have received most of my items bought from Ebay, the few that was stolen in transit was insured and the monies paid back to me, my wife imports and sells jewellery, mostly from private websites but also on Ebay with great success, now I want to start selling MD's and I will have to do some research on the top sellers in that department.

As mentioned in the topic, Kellyco would of been nice to have as a supplier, but I can get the same shipping service from ebay sellers for Half of that what they quoted me, so when looking for bargains or great deals, Ebay is the place to look 8)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WIT said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
WIT said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
WIT said:

NO

LOL, I have been a buyer and seller on EBay for over 10 years now, I am not a paranoid person, if you think it isn't possible for someone to hijack an account then you may be a bit naive.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think you understand that eBay and Kellyco do things differently.

On eBay, if you sell there, you basically have to accept PayPal. If you sell internationally, then you just HAVE to take it, unless you have a merchant account set up. Even if the address is unconfirmed, the seller still has to ship it.

But on Kellyco, they don't have to take PayPal. If it's an unconfirmed address to South Africa, I sure as heck wouldn't want to ship there either. Why not just pay with a credit card?

Or, you could just do the simple thing and buy from Kellyco on one of their eBay names.

http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=aardvarkmetaldetectors

That is Kellyco on ebay.

OP
OP
devan

devan

Aug 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 / Fisher F44
Well, it's Tuesday Morning in South Africa, and after sending Frank from Kellyco 2 emails, I got no response
So I tried the online chat support on their website, the assistant helping me was great, but what a shocker
when I heared that my refund will take a few DAYS to process >:(

So in total I am waiting 7 days since payment was made and I might wait another 2-3 days until Kellyco
decides to refund my payment, then another 2 days before the refund reflects back on my credit card >:(

I can't believe that Frank had the audacity not to reply to my emails, I will from now on only support sellers
on Ebay, looks like big companies don't need me money :dontknow: :laughing7:

regards

Devan

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
devan said:
Well, it's Tuesday Morning in South Africa, and after sending Frank from Kellyco 2 emails, I got no response
So I tried the online chat support on their website, the assistant helping me was great, but what a shocker
when I heared that my refund will take a few DAYS to process >:(

So in total I am waiting 7 days since payment was made and I might wait another 2-3 days until Kellyco
decides to refund my payment, then another 2 days before the refund reflects back on my credit card >:(

I can't believe that Frank had the audacity not to reply to my emails, I will from now on only support sellers
on Ebay, looks like big companies don't need me money :dontknow: :laughing7:

regards

Devan

"Tuesday Morning in South Africa ?"

Posted Today at 03:08:10 AM on the east coast.

I Wasn't even up then :tongue3:

OP
OP
devan

devan

Aug 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 / Fisher F44
jeff of pa said:
"Tuesday Morning in South Africa ?"

Posted Today at 03:08:10 AM on the east coast.

I Wasn't even up then :tongue3:

I sent the emails on Friday after noon ( South African time ) so monday morning when he got in office, he should of received
my emails :wink:

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday i was just looking at Spanish 8 Reale,s on E-Bay this dealer had a 100% rep. top seller i looked at his coins FAKES !! his location was China,China i dont know how they get away with it :dontknow: Dd60

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread