Kellyco Service

devan

Aug 3, 2010
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 / Fisher F44
Hi Guys,

As you know I am still new to the forum and decided to buy my 2nd MD from kellyco due to the overwhelming support you guys give this company. Now I am more of an EBay buyer and bought in total over 7 Md's (for family & friends) from a company on EBay, based in the US,
they are tops, FAST service, shipping of the products, I confirmed my order with Kellyco 2 days ago when I ordered an Ace 250, paid for the order excluding shipping as this is calculated afterwards due to me being an international client.

They emailed today with the shippings costs of $74.00, where I normally pay $45.00 on EBay for the SAME shipping service ( USPS priority international mail ) and they informed me that my paypal payment is 'unconfirmed' ??? :icon_scratch: this is the first time after 400 transactions on EBay that someone actually tells me this, I just ordered another 2 Md's on EBay tonight, payment went through like always.

Kellyco now recommended that I pay them via wire transfer / western union, which will cost me +-$30.00 or $15.00 extra, to think I wanted to buy a Garrett GTI 2500 for over $900.00 for a client of mine, but silly me will have to resort to EBay once again :-\

Anyone got similar experience / responses from Kellyco that a payment made via paypal was 'unconfirmed' while knowing it was taken from your credit card? I emailed them back to refund my 'unconfirmed' payment ::) and copied the email Paypal sent me to CONFIRM payment was made by me.

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let's just say they have not always had glowing reports around here. If I'm in your shoes I cancel the order and buy from someone else. There are plenty of advertisers on this board that would love your business. But in the end it's your choice.

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just noticed your location. Is that possibly contributing to the problem?

OP
OP
devan

devan

Aug 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 / Fisher F44
Hi jimbog,

Thanks for the reply,

My location has absolutely nothing to do with either payment or shipping, like I said, I did over 400 successful transactions on Ebay, this includes over 7 MD's, they ( Kellyco ) are the only to complain regarding 'unconfirmed' payment, check auction 120609637738 on Ebay, I just ordered 2 today and already was emailed with my tracking number, if you check the item sold history, you will see I took 6 in total in this one auction alone, 2 + 2 + 2, my username on ebay is mkenterprisessa.

regards

Devan

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't take me the wrong way on the location. It just seems some people are more cautious and I thought you maybe ran into problems because of it. You are correct, your reputation on Ebay is perfect. Therefore Paypal shouldn't be any problem for you. Best of luck getting it straightened out.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nothing personal, Not sure what
you mean by EBay Reputation.
but my understanding
Ebay reputations can be faked or Stolen.

My guess Kellyco is just being Cautious just like
our Members are when selling & Somone
claims they have an Excellent EBay Rep.

OP
OP
devan

devan

Aug 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 / Fisher F44
Hi Jeff,

Understood regarding Ebay, but my reputation on Ebay was earned the hard way :laughing9:, I would like to turn this into a business and NEED a large, no nonsense supplier that can supply me with stock whenever I need it, Kellyco sounded just right to me. I am currently communicating with Frank from Kellyco as I am typing this, let's see what happens.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
but my understanding

I've been a buyer/seller on ebay for the past 10 years and consider myself an expert who also has 100% positive feedback. With the current system, buyer/seller ratings that are now in place (for the past 5 years or so) it would take one hell of a hack to "fake" your ebay reputation or steal someone else's for that matter. Just my 2¢ -WIT

OP
OP
devan

devan

Aug 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 / Fisher F44
OK,

Frank left the office and will only be back on Monday, my money will also only be refunded on Monday, that will create a delay of 6 days in total to order another MD from EBay, I burned my fingers once and I can guarantee you that it will be the last kellyco will 'see' my money again.

Kellyco did mention in their email to me the 'reason' why they want to refund me, my shipping address is 'unconfirmed' with paypal ::) Sure it will be, I live in South Africa and from what I read a while back on the Paypal website, they do NOT confirm addresses in South Africa.

But the first email I got from Kellyco was regarding the 'unconfirmed' payment, not address :dontknow:

Oh Well, EBay here I come :laughing7:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just sent the 5900 in, 19.95, 450.00 insurance. from mi to chicago IL priorities mail.

slowNsteady

Mar 26, 2010
Broken Arrow, OK
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter, Fisher 1220 1225 F2 F4, BH Land Star, Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Vaquero
Hi,
One time when I started eBaying, I bought something that the seller would not ship to an unconfirmed address. It was a pain, but it worked out. I still see thing from time to time like this. It's just an additional safeguard that some people like to use. With all the identity thefts these days I'm really not surprised to hear this. However, there are many other dealers out there who will be more than happy to sell to you. It's a bad deal having to wait for a refund though. Best of luck!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
devan said:
liftloop said:
just sent the 5900, 19.95, 450.00 insurance. from mi to chicago il prioritie mail.

I is slow, do not understand :laughing9: , please elaborate

I'm going to guess he just mailed
a 5900. from mi to chicago & it cost $19.95 to insure it for $450.00 ?
you nailed it. :thumbsup:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WIT said:
jeff of pa said:
but my understanding

I've been a buyer/seller on ebay for the past 10 years and consider myself an expert who also has 100% positive feedback. With the current system, buyer/seller ratings that are now in place (for the past 5 years or so) it would take one hell of a hack to "fake" your ebay reputation or steal someone else's for that matter. Just my 2¢ -WIT

It is possible, I got email with official Ebay header, logo and by all accounts looked legit including email tracking headers stating their was a problem with my account, and to use the hot links supplied in email to change my ebay password. It was fake..

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you'll find that the "unconfirmed address" stuff has to do with the shipping method. UPS requires a confirmed street address.......NO post office boxes. My guess is that Kellyco is using that as an excuse and it's pretty strange that "Frank" is the only person who can authorize a refund; especially when it's the pay TRANSACTION that is to be negated; not the actually handling of monies.

I have made one purchase from Kellyco as sort of an experiment to see what kind of service I got and the deal went through pretty smooth, but I won't use my one deal as a solid recommendation because I've read other folk's comments of their "one deal" going crappy.

Devan, maybe your best bet is to set up as a dealer for the lines of detectors you're most interested in. With the bank line of credit set up when you qualify with the manufacturer, your purchases should go smoother. If you're moving that many detectors, sounds like you could make some money while providing a good service to your area.

NoNeck

Aug 31, 2010
Wichita Falls, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Ace 250, Garrett PP, Lesche
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The unconfirmed address has to do with payPal policy. If the seller ships to an unconfirmed address to the buyer the seller is not protected by PayPal if the buyer claims the item was not received. This is my understanding on that.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
WIT said:
jeff of pa said:
but my understanding

It is possible, I got email with official Ebay header, logo and by all accounts looked legit including email tracking headers stating their was a problem with my account, and to use the hot links supplied in email to change my ebay password. It was fake..

There are fake PayPal emails too and I had money stolen a few years ago which I was lucky enough to get back. What I'm saying is that, if you are logged into ebay find a seller that has something you want to buy, it would be VERY hard for them to fake their 800(or whatever) Positive Feedbacks. It's just not happening

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
slowNsteady said:
Hi,
One time when I started eBaying, I bought something that the seller would not ship to an unconfirmed address. It was a pain, but it worked out. I still see thing from time to time like this. It's just an additional safeguard that some people like to use. With all the identity thefts these days I'm really not surprised to hear this. However, there are many other dealers out there who will be more than happy to sell to you. It's a bad deal having to wait for a refund though. Best of luck!

When the buyer views the PayPal statement from your payment it states "WARNING, the buyer has provided an unconfirmed address"... and so on

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread