Rhode Island Question...

USTreasureClub

Oct 16, 2010
Hi,

I would be very careful in that Park. I grew up in Rhode Island. My Dad also did with his 4 brothers. Back in the 30's, the Park was beautiful. Now, it is very bad. Drug dealings go on plus much more. Many of the homes from the days are still kept up nicely, they are huge homes but the area around the park is just full of not so good people hanging out in the park. A person I know was shot in the park, he was a security guard. Another issue you will deal with is the punks on the Providence Police force. If you have a nice detector, they would love to take it. If you ever reported it, the report would eventually be thrown out. Rhode Island is probably the most corrupt "little" state in the U.S. What other small city besides the ones in California with the City Workers and the big salaries will you find a State Police force spending over $20 Million for a "state of the art" headquarters? Rhode Island should be wiped off the map and merged with MA or CT. If you really want to find old items, I would drive around Newport, RI where the Mansions are and see if you can get on one of the properties or even into one of the beaches. Newport / Jamestown has a lot of history.

I just purchased a water detector, I haven't been out much with it because I haven't really found a partner to go with. I am also looking at buying the Minelab E-Trac for land detecting. I can use the detector I have on land also so I am not sure what I am going to do yet.

Hope this info helps a bit. If you have any other questions, feel free to drop me an email: [email protected] - The website is under construction.

wildthunder

Mar 18, 2013
RI
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT-pro, Fisher CZ-21 , Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow, you make it sound like we are the worst place in the US. I have hit a few state parks with no issues. I have not hit roger Williams.. never liked the park to tell you the truth.
I will agree we have way to much state and city workers.. I would not bother with parks in providence, like UT said, your most likely not going to find anything old since it has been swept many time in the past I am sure.
I have been finding this with most parks I have visited.. nothing but CLAD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread