When did you first realize that you were a treasure hunter?

Exnihilo

Jan 15, 2009
thrillathahunt said:
Exnihilo said:
I think I've always been. I can't describe the feeling of finding some treasure.
Looks like you were BORN to be a treasure hunter my friend! :thumbsup:
I think it's that ;D. I can't prevent my self from searching It's pathological. :dontknow:

floodcitykid

Nov 3, 2008
Appomattox coVirginia
Detector(s) used
whites eagle spectrum
fisher gold bug
I started to hunt for arrow heads when I was about 8 or 9 YOA (1960) I started collecting coins at the same time, I remember the first indian head my grandpa gave me, that got me started. I used to pull merc dimes and an occassional barber head out of Circulation. I used to get silver dollars for my birthday up until about 1968.

I started using a metal detector in civil war camp sites in Northern Va region in about 1980.

Flood_city_kid

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
When I put up the money for that first detector in the '70s.

F

Felinepeachy

For me it began when I was 8 or so, years old. My mother turned me into a treasure hunter by having scavenger hunts as part of my birthday parties. She would go out and hide notes and clues all over the neighborhood for me and my friends to locate. Looking back on it now, it really took a lot of effort on her part. Thanks mom :thumbsup:

K

Kentucky Kache

Felinepeachy said:
For me it began when I was 8 or so, years old. My mother turned me into a treasure hunter by having scavenger hunts as part of my birthday parties. She would go out and hide notes and clues all over the neighborhood for me and my friends to locate. Looking back on it now, it really took a lot of effort on her part. Thanks mom :thumbsup:

That makes me think that we all probably became treasure hunters because of Easter. It was the GOLDEN egg we were all after, right? ;D

01 medicated

Mar 2, 2010
N.C.
Detector(s) used
MXT 6x10dd-4x6dd
in the late 60s at 6 or 7 my dad,granddad and uncle would go bottle hunting at old dump sites and thats when it all started,dad bought his detecter and we would go to churchs,ball fields and such , i could not wait for the beeps to come an see what treasure i could dig up. My dad still laughs at me to this day as saying look what me and my diddy found. LOL good times

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
I have been a treasure hunter when I was around 6. I started out as the neighborhood garbage picker, dragging home actual working items like a typewriter, printing machine, a radio and other such items that became part of my family's everyday items of use. I once thought i had truly "struck it rich" when I happened upon a chandelier that had those huge gaudy plastic imitation crystals in the shape of tear-drops hanging all over it. I remember that day if it happened last week, I spent hours yanking, twisting and prying many of dozens of those darned things off and running back home with every pocket crammed full of those stupid ugly things and spilling them all over the dinner table telling my grandmother that she no longer had to work anymore! Then came the huge blow to my excitement.... :-[

Over the years, I would walk through my neighborhood doing some fishing and coming across the occasional lost 5, 10, or 20 bill, all which went back into bait and restocking my tackle box. :thumbsup:

I have been doing it ever since. In the past year, it has been geared to gold dredging, prospecting for veins, and I am now following up on a few cache leads.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread