whites 6000di pro hammering my dfx

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
No neck, don't get the older 6000 d's mixed up with the 6000 di pro. There was a long slow evolution of the 6000d, which started in 1978. The one that's still competetive, is only the last one, which is specifically the 6000 di pro. It has a black box (as opposed to the earlier blue boxes), and a 950 coil (as opposed to the earlier white solid coils).

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BARGuy said:
And folks wonder why I'm still swingin' my old "heavy" analog 'tector with an MXT in the closet! :headbang:

DR

I think the same could be said of the older Fisher CZ series with its analog/needle display verses the newer Fisher F series detectors. Analog just seems a little more stable and accurate, deeper too.

6000 Pro XL

Aug 1, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couldn’t have said it better.... I changed to the digital world in the mid 90s... it has taken me 15 years to realize... analog audio discrimination is unsurpased

scotter1

Mar 16, 2014
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
whites dfx,xlt,idx,prism,tm 808,fisher gold bug,1280x,xp deuse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
digger speaks the truth.the dfx kicks ass.its all in the settings.if you don't know how to tweek it to get the most out of it you need to practice practice practice.my xlt,dfx keep up with the best of them and I usually do better because I know my machine and what it will do.get advice and start reading up on the dfx,and tweeking it and you will be amazed at the difference.factory settings are very weak.just for beginners to get started.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I tweaked and tweaked, could not get depth out of my DFX. I thought it was defective and took it back to the dealer for an exchange. I talked to a White’s tech. I not a complete dummy, I used to write technical service manuals for certain navy electronics. Still have it, rarely use it. I like old deep coins.

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The 6000 Di pro. was and is a very good detector. That generation of 6000 came out in the very early 1990s, as I recall, and there are a lot of hunters that ...... to this day .... refuse to switch. Some of them, for example, switched over to machines like the XLT came out, just *assuming* that "newer meant better". But they switched back to their 6000 Di pro's. There was just something about that bouncing needle, that experienced users learned a lot of target info. from. And as far as depth: with all due respect to the DFX, I think that the depth will be about the same, for standard coin/relic hunting, when comparing the 6000 Di pro to the DFX.

There are coin/relic/jewelry machines that will go deeper than the 6000 Di pro (the explorer, for instance), but the DFX, with all due respect, is not one of them.
Actually the 600di pro came out in the 80's because I bought mine in 1984. It was eventually replaced by the Eagle which came out in 1988. Had both of those detectors and they found a ton of goodies over the years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread