trying to start something

ky.rebel

Mar 30, 2010
east Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:help: Thought if I posted here first,a few more people might read it than would if posted in state section alone.I noticed there ain't a whole lot of treasure leads in the Tennessee section to check on.Trying to get more posted for all states.I'm sure ther are a lot of us older people that have stories and tales handed down that we will probally never get around to checking out.I remember stories from my mom and older family members that didn't mean much back when I was a kid,but looking back now I wish I had of checked some of them out.I moved from Kentucky when I was about 28,left a couple childhood caches and some leads that now that I'm getting older and don't travel much I'll probally never get back to.I know of some old swimming holes,traveling carnival grounds,old schools,and church picnic spots that I'm sure someone new to the hobby or some local oldtimers would be happy to do a little research on and check out.I don't expect anybody to give up any spots they are planning on hunting,but lets face it.A lot of us have moved a few states away and will probally never get back to look for some small cache or treasure lead.Most of my leads will be for small rewards,so I wouldn't spend a lot of time or money chasing them down.Some are only tales and rumors handed down,so a little research may be in order.Fun way to spend a rainy week-end.I just figured some of us older people could help lead someone to a fun week-end hunt.Most of my leads are along the Kentucky border so,Ohio,Indiana, or Tennessee might be worth the trip to search.If you live near the border,might be worth the trip across the state line to look.Like I said no major treasures,just childhood memories and stories.Hope they help guide someone to a fun treasure hunt.Maybe there will be a rare coin there that will pay for the trouble,or at least the gas.Whenever possible I will try to give accurate names and narrow down the locations to help in finding the leads.I want them to pan out and pay off for whoever searches,it would be great to know somebody found a cache I buried when I was a kid.I will post my leads in the Kentucky and Tennessee sections and try to post one a day.I'm hoping this will happen from other members in the other states as well.I mean,we would all like to know of a few more places to hunt.Good luck to all and H.H. Fred :coffee2:

K

Kentucky Kache

I have posted many leads on here, but I usually keep the local ones to myself. I like to hunt for the smaller ones, because those are the ones which are usually true. As long as I'm enjoying what I'm doing, that's the main thing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions