Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CAPTBEACH

Sep 30, 2010
Could really depend on the real estate laws in your state...If his lease is specifically to graze his cattle you are fine, If his lease is to possess for the duration of the lease as in lives on it too...then you might have a problem...me personally I'd hunt on it and try to placate the lessee by being cordial and make sure you leave no holes his livestock could injure themselves in...

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I'd have a talk with the lessee. Explain you don't want to see his livestock hurt and are taking necessary precautions. Also as mentioned, laws in the State may give specific rights to the lessee, if he asked me to leave I would go peaceably and then speak to the land owner.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Simple solution: Go at off-hours (night-time, etc...) when the lessee isn't there to fret. Out of sight, is out of mind.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you got permission hunt all you want. But make sure you fill in your holes real good. If the leasee cattle falls in a hole and hurt a leg you could be held liable for vet bills......Matt

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bring a second detector. :thumbsup:

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:hello:

Hey Buddy.

The "he said I could, she said I could" Without thew landowners permission landed someone I know about 20,000!!!!! Plus he lost his Truck, his machine...You feel me? In writing, always from owner.

And I know you Texas folk carry pistols out there~! :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread