Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MXT & Alaska Airlines

Well after a month an a half trip seeing the JuJu's an a few more of the family in Washington state , Man it's good to be back home in the warm sunshine :icon_sunny: I just wanted to stop in an let folks know how I did traveling with my MXT threw both Phoenix an Seattle's airports an on to the plane .

I removed the batteries from both my detector and my MXT an loaded them into my check in baggage on the flight up , got a good ding in the MXT's battery case , Wasn't happy about that . While at Brother JuJu's he gave me a soft case to bring the MXT home .So on the return home I removed the battery pack an put it in my check in luggage along with a newly acquired Glock 17 9mm an my pinpointer .
Now I must mention I checked while in Seattle with both TSA & Alaska Airlines and neither had any regs on traveling with a metal detector .

So I head off threw security an slid my carry case right on threw with my shoes an laptop an nobody batted an eye , only comment I got was on the plane an the stewardess asked me if I had a guitar an I said no a metal detector an she said "oh ok " an happily helped me store it away safe an sound .

I know myself I had a few worries when I left but after this trip I wont think twice about traveling by air an bringing a detector with me .Hope this helps out if your getting ready to travel anytime soon .

:icon_thumleft: have a great trip an Happy hunting , Tank

ZJBarney

Jun 22, 2010
Yuma, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Cutlass 2 umax
Re: MXT & Alaska Airlines

You made it just in time, the weather is incredible and the snowbirds are flocking pretty thick :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread