Athens

sanson

Greenie
Nov 30, 2010
Florida
Have any of you fellow Treasure Hunters had the opportunity to visit this city?
The wife and I had a week there this summer// We spent a full day at the National Archeological Museum and still did not see everything, also an incredible coin museum with multiple hoards of incredible coins donated to the museum by treasure hunters thru the years; current archeological excavations ongoing in the city center. a flea market with tons of cool stuff! The things that stand out from my memory are the 2000 year old computer, of course the Parthenon, and the shipwreck artifacts of thesolynikky I think was discovered back in the 1920's
opa!
sanson

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would that be Athens,Texas :laughing7: :laughing7:

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006
I visited Athens with my wife almost 30 years ago.I remember the fantastic ruins and sights,the great food,warm,friendly people,the cheap prices.I also remember the traffic,crowds and pollution,but I still loved Greece and hope their recent crisis is resolved.

GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I lived in Athens for 6 months during the Olympics and the Euro2004 win. I love that city.

If only Greece would wake up and allow metal detecting like they do in England. Detectorists working alongside museums, sharing finds with landowners. Maybe then I'd move back. lol

GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
fmrUSMC_0844 said:
I havent been there yet, but my mother was born there and grew up there!! Even hs the accent LOL!! ;D

GO! :)

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of Greece is steeped in history for that matter, not just Athens. Do yourself a favor and visit there.. You will just have to get used to the afternoon siestas ;D If you love history and great food your time there will be well spent. I still have family there and hope to see them within the next 2 years.

GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ah yes... the afternoon naps.

I wasn't working when I was there so I could sleep when I wanted to. But many friends and family used to go to work in the a.m, come back at lunch, eat, sleep for a couple of hours, then go back and finish their shift. Status quo. Siesta!

You should bring a detector and the world's strongest sunscreen so that you can hunt when they all fall asleep. muahaha :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread