All Treasure Hunting

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I think Texas was still under a primordial ocean in the early 1800's... Hard to get old coins here. But yes... when I get stir crazy I have my "old" spot and somethings turns up from time to time...

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
i found that hammered spots will still give up goodies. sometimes the ground conditions will be different when i go back, ground might be wetter one day so the detector might reach alittle deeper or i'll swing the detector a little slower when i return to these spots, plus i'll span out away from the area and find things. i'm getting a bigger coil from the wife for xmas so i'm sure i'll be hittin some of those spots i thought were done with and sweeping it all over again. even some areas i grid out i still find a couple things i missed before, really is hard to cover every inch.

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes "Hunted Out" means that people were kind enough to remove all the garbage and leave the goodies for you to find. I have sites that keep producing more as I take the iron and trash out of the ground.
HH
John

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I never give up on a site but sometimes when targets are getting few and far between I will take it out of my rotation for awhile and try a new site. I laugh when I run into the really old timers in the field and they ask me where I've been hunting then they say oh we cleaned that place out 20 years ago. Well then someone just dropped some LCs, hard times tokens and Spanish silver. When I tell them what I've been finding and where they usually look at each other then say we will have to try that place again...lol.

NJ

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I gotta tell you, I have been hitting the same sites for 3 years now since we came from Colorado. I'm talking 3 years on a weekly basis. I keep finding things though. And I'll keep going back. But I think the reason I continue to frequent my favorite spots, is that they are relaxing for me. Spots that had huge history in the day. I just really enjoy being around those areas regardless of what turns up you know?

Mike

Toby1858

Mar 21, 2009
Springfield Mo.
Detector(s) used
Whites m6
My pre- Aluminum or tabs and cans sites I can see someday of ''being done with'' maybe, but the sites where the tabs and can slaw are think it takes sooooo much time to weed out the junk, that I don't think I could ever consider them ''hunted out".

Swartzie

Mar 15, 2009
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
N.J.THer said:
I never give up on a site but sometimes when targets are getting few and far between I will take it out of my rotation for awhile and try a new site. I laugh when I run into the really old timers in the field and they ask me where I've been hunting then they say oh we cleaned that place out 20 years ago. Well then someone just dropped some LCs, hard times tokens and Spanish silver. When I tell them what I've been finding and where they usually look at each other then say we will have to try that place again...lol.

NJ

That's funny stuff.
When you talk about rotation; I find I have a few places that I rotate with. I'll get fed up at one so I'll switch to another. And know what? I usually find something.

-Swartzie

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Hunted a ballfield with a dfx, this spot dated back to the 1960's, or so I thought. Dug a couple mercs and wheats, that was it. Upgraded detectors and dug 20+ more silvers, some from the 1800's, IH's, 50+ wheats, etc........

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
fistfulladirt said:
Hunted a ballfield with a dfx, this spot dated back to the 1960's, or so I thought. Dug a couple mercs and wheats, that was it. Upgraded detectors and dug 20+ more silvers, some from the 1800's, IH's, 50+ wheats, etc........

Since I hunt with a DFX I'll bite...what did you upgrade to? I keep thinking about getting something else but I have great luck with my DFX. I find silver almost everytime out but maybe I could be finding ten each time out...lol.

NJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread