Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
I must say it would not be for everyday detecting.
But at certain sites and places it could prove to be a very rewarding tool. For example.
I hit this colonial farm 2 miles out in the woods...In the middle of nowhere..
It was a very busy place from the late 1600s to about 1850 it was abandoned.No modern trash at all.
Now with my T2 detectors i have pulled over 120 buttons,coins,tools buckles etc.Its pretty much pounded out now..
I would like to go over this property with one of these radar detectors..Its about 30 stone walled acres..
All that activity there has got to be some kind of cache....And remember no modern trash at all...
John

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
johnnyblaze said:
But at certain sites and places it could prove to be a very rewarding tool. For example.
It was a very busy place from the late 1600s to about 1850 it was abandoned.No modern trash at all.
Now with my T2 detectors i have pulled over 120 buttons,coins,tools buckles etc.Its pretty much pounded out now..
I would like to go over this property with one of these radar detectors..Its about 30 stone walled acres..
All that activity there has got to be some kind of cache....And remember no modern trash at all...
John

If you have hit the place that hard, surely you know where the hot spots are located. Maybe a dump site? Might be a good place to sift or bottle dig.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Kentucky Kache, you ask:

"How can you say it's theoretically possible, and then guarantee this is not what Kellyco is advertising?"

Well, for starters, you go on to continue the analogy of computers advancements in recent decades, cell phones, etc.... right? But notice that in each of those examples, their just smaller, faster, and cheaper. right? But that is not the case in what I cited as a technology that can tell aluminum from gold. If it were possible to make that "smaller, faster, and cheaper", you're still needing lead suits. I don't see that included in the package that Kellyco is selling. Thus it is an entirely differnt technology, not the one I allude to, shrunk down.

Sure, what Kellyco is selling was no doubt bigger, slower, and more expensive 10 or 20 years ago. But it is not a technology that will tell gold from aluminum.

So again I tell you and Johnny, if you really believe the advertisement, which appears to say it ID's gold ...... and heck, even tells you it's a gold RING too (as opposed to a necklace, pendant, etc...? :)), then quickly buy one. Take it to a blighted park, and see how much gold you can find. Heck, I'll even go one step further: If you guys find out that it does in fact tell aluminum from gold, I will fully refund your costs of buying the machine. Then I'll turn around and buy one of my own, and will get rich with you guys digging gold, while leaving aluminum behind. :)

OP
OP
johnnyblaze

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Still dont want to admit it could be usefull in some cases eh Tommy boy..
John

Macksmith

Apr 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right now I am at $4995 for pull along antenna/electronics with skids (weather proof SKB case), USB connection. Includes Android and Windows software. Cart is $495 and Toughbook CF-30 is $495. Really trying to get the entire package to $4995.....but for my suggestion contact (link removed by mod for rule violation) ]they are expert engineers and provide good knowledge about the GPR system

Last edited by a moderator:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
John

You save greatly if you just hired someone to come out and run on over the area of concern. It does not cost very much at all, I have seen them as low as 50 and hour for a full survey.

I have a unit my self and have had three units prior to; I did not get mine as a hunting machine, when I use it I use it in a general area that I am certain something is located in. But I am sure you can hire someone to just hunt for you.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Johnny,

Don't give Tom a hard time. He is only trying to keep YOU from doing something foolish with YOUR money. You seem convinced that you want the Nokta. Why are you here asking, then giving crap when the answers don't reinforce your ideas? My friend Dr. Lambert Dolphin was head Physicist at SRI (Stanford Research Institute) for almost 35 years. He is known as the father of modern ground penetrating radar.

Your thoughts on buying and using GPR for cache hunting is ridiculous on its' face. Think its wise to spend $5k-$10K on a device to find a jar of coins worth what? A couple of thousand maybe? How many of those do you think you will be finding? HAHAHA First, all you need is a regular detector, a good two box, and a magnetometer (like a Fisher FX3 Ferro Probe). GPR is not good everywhere. For example, gpr is VERY limited in clay, and very good in sand. You should already know about regular detectors and two-boxes. A magnetometer is a device that only reacts to ferrous metals (iron, steel, etc). It may not see the gold in the box, but it WILL see the hinges. locks, and anything else made of iron/steel. If you find an area, and that area is conducive to using GPR, then rent it.

If you are intent on spending your own money on a GPR for treasure hunting, I recommend the GSSI Profiler. It is not a GPR, but it is an Electromagnetic Conductivity Meter, that can be used in conjunction with GPR. If you are not an electrical engineer, phycisist, or user of GPR, then don't begin to think you can navigate the waters of pseudo-scientific equipment. If you have questions about this kind of stuff, I recommend:

ASK-A-PHYSICIST

ASK-AN-ENGINEER

Get professional advice before spending tens of thousands of dollars on ANYTHING!

or

Just go and spend a ton of money on a new MINEORO!

Mike

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread is over 5 years old.

Scottrocks

Greenie
Mar 22, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of this sounds interesting please go to my thread "The Secret A Treasure Hunt" in the General Discussion section and look at it. I think this would be perfect thing to use one of these ground radar detectors.

Thanks
Scott

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
I want to post something relevant to this thread. Do I open a new thread and link to this one?

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Listen to Tom, these type of detectors are only good if you searching for very deep treasures, ten feet or deeper. If you have a need for this type of detector, hire a pro to search for you. Good hunting and good luck.

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
1... 2... 3... 4... 5... 6... 7... 8... 9... 10...

Ahem. Having moderated several low traffic boards over the years, I tell users to appreciate and respect the time used by any answer to any question. No matter how irrelevant to the question the answer may be. So, thanks, honestly, for your answer.

However, your answer had absolutely nothing to do with my question which was if it was okay to post on an old thread or start a new one with a link to this one. The fact you posted on it would seem to indicate it is okay. So, here goes with a comment.

I am not going to get involved with any serious debate on my theory here. See http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/a...pie-grande-s-theory-moctezuma-s-treasure.html for a summary of postings over several years on my belief that Moctezuma's treasure is buried within 150 meters of my computer. Debate all you wish on the Aztec Gold forum, just not here. You can, of course; it's still a free country, but I will not participate here.

I am convinced that there is a stone floor of modern construction; then a layer of dirt, then another stone "floor". We know that much already.

What is the subject of interest is I am convinced below that stone 'floor' is a series of stone boxes filled with half a billion dollars worth of gold and jewels.

I do not think GPR can see the gold nor jewels. My understanding is GPR may show the stone boxes down there. When the gold was stored in Moctezuma's house originally, that is roughly how it was stored. So, since local oral tradition says it took them a week to 'bury' it, that would agree with the work involved in making just such stone boxes.

Verifying the existence of such stone boxes without digging would support my theory that the treasure is there.

The reason I made the summary page is apparently it takes many hours to read all that I have posted over the years on the topic. Some guy came on; read one posting; and assumed I was a dummy who was being lead astray by local drunks in a bar. As he had done himself. I made the summary page so no one else made a fool out of himself.

Hiring a GPR Operator, that would not be smart in this case. Bring in an experienced GPR operator and ask him to look for half a billion dollar treasure? But, hey, guy, don't tell anyone, capiche? How droll!

As far as being able to operate the GPR. I worked for over 30 years in one of the highest tech factories on the planet. And, I worked on some of the highest tech equipment on the planet. No brag; just fact.

Having a GPR and unlimited time to run it, it would surprise me if I could not learn to run it. After all, I put my pants on the same as the GPR operators do. (Both legs at the same time. :D )

I not only had to sometimes learn new equipment, from scratch, but in some cases, had to write users manual for them. I am not saying I could do it as fast as before I retired, but speed would not matter much if I had unlimited access.

Of course, rental fees for many days just to learn to run one would be exorbitant. Which is why a modestly priced GPR would be such a great boon.

But, I can see why used, actually unused, devices sold so cheaply. Anyone who expected a GPR to find rings and bracelets will naturally be disappointed when they find out they probably aren't even intended to do that.

It is also known that tunnels exist on the Moctezuma property. No one knows how extensively so that would be another reason to have unlimited access to a GPR. If you have a tool, uses appear.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
piegrande, if there's *certainly* a "half billion in treasure" that you *know* is within "150 meters of a certain point", then .... why do you care about individual type methods ? Eg.: 2 box versus standard versus GPR, etc... ? If you're already certain the treasure exists to within 150 meter certainty, they why the heck aren't you hiring heavy equipment to simply excavate the entire area ?

Me thinks you are chasing superstition and ghost-story legends. Sorry to be a kill-joy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread