Ancestry.com - Anyone research sites on here

K

Kentucky Kache

Benbuck6 said:
Got a ton of information on our next hunt from this site. Just didn't know if anyone else hit this site for research.

I have. Anywhere you find history, you have a chance to find treasure leads. :icon_thumright:

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't it cost $$$$,to search?

Swartzie

Mar 15, 2009
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have done a bit of research on the people who used to live on the sites I now hunt at. Something about working a site and finding stuff makes me wonder who lived there, when and where were they born, when did they die, get married, how many kids, etc... I may have to subscribe to the recommended site. Looks like it would save me a lot of time trying to google everything.

As far as finding new sites (and original land owners), I'll use old maps. A very useful site for old maps: http://www.historicmapworks.com/Browse/North_America/

-Swartzie

K

Kentucky Kache

Produce Guy said:

You can search certain things there for free, but to search all their databases you have to pay.

zerojinx

Dec 6, 2010
Republic of Texas
Detector(s) used
working on that
Kentucky Kache said:
Produce Guy said:

You can search certain things there for free, but to search all their databases you have to pay.

check your local library, they often have it for free to library members in thier genealogy and local history section.

littlebear

Jul 24, 2006
Elgin Texas
Detector(s) used
white 5900/DI Pro
Garrett GTA 1000 ultra
I'm having a problem trying to find a couple of people that own certain land what is the best way when you see a old house out in the middle of a pasture the owner??????

Boomdeyada

Dec 2, 2010
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000
littlebear said:
I'm having a problem trying to find a couple of people that own certain land what is the best way when you see a old house out in the middle of a pasture the owner??????

Littlebear,
You can always go to the court house and check the deeds. Just get the address. Or check the taxes as someone has to be paying taxes on it.
However you also can go online to your area and check the deeds online. I have found so much info about my area, just by reading the deeds and talking to the older folks that are still around as they remember the people that lived there or remember stories.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neighbors can be helpful as well, sometimes giving you other leads and sometimes allowing you to detect on their property.
Although due to being afraid of lawsuits due to injury on their property, you should always have a release of liability form with you.

LIABILITY RELEASE FORM

On this __________ day of ____________________, 20_____,

Intending to be legally bound hereby, the undersigned agrees and does hereby release from liability and to indemnify and hold harmless,

This release is for any and all liability for any and all personal injuries (including death) and property losses.

________________________________ ________________________
Signature of Releaseor Date Signed

________________________________ _____________________________
Signature of Landowner Date Signed

If needed, a salvage agreement as well.

contract.JPG

Keep old copies on hand to show as references. Goes a long way in getting permission.

GG~

Attachments

• contract.JPG
    contract.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 236

littlebear

Jul 24, 2006
Elgin Texas
Detector(s) used
white 5900/DI Pro
Garrett GTA 1000 ultra
Thanks I have one liability release form but not the salvage form. I remember when a hand shake was all A person needed. Some of the places I'm trying to get on there is not even a mailbox in miles and trying to catch a neighbor home a half mile away with a locked gate and you cant see the house from the road.Trying to find out who owns the properly is driving me nuts.I thought about leaving a card on the gate But i bet it would be file 13 as soon as the owner got it. I'm going to find out some day just hope I'm alive when I do???

zerojinx

Dec 6, 2010
Republic of Texas
Detector(s) used
working on that
littlebear said:
Thanks I have one liability release form but not the salvage form. I remember when a hand shake was all A person needed. Some of the places I'm trying to get on there is not even a mailbox in miles and trying to catch a neighbor home a half mile away with a locked gate and you cant see the house from the road.Trying to find out who owns the properly is driving me nuts.I thought about leaving a card on the gate But i bet it would be file 13 as soon as the owner got it. I'm going to find out some day just hope I'm alive when I do???

Did you try the county appraisal district? They sometimes have a public access website with plat maps. In those cases you can click on the parcel you are curious about and it will list the current owner and patent.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions