New MD arrived yesterday

bpd138

Tenderfoot
Jan 4, 2011
My Minelab X-Terra 505 arrived yesterday evening. It's all put together and ready to but the problem is; over a foot of snow fell last night. Theres too much interference in the house so I guess I will have to wait until Spring now before I can try it out. :(

I've read the manual and have a fairly decent understanding of how it all works. Just wondering if the factory settings are a good place to start? No sense re-inventing the wheel so if anyone has some "settings" suggestions that work well for them I would appreciate it.

Roll on Spring.

Willie

Reverend B*IKE*

Jan 11, 2009
YOU CON
Detector(s) used
Minelab SAFARI, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snow is a good place to start. Put a few object in the snow and test your unit. ther may be some warmer days ahead. The sooner you get familiar with it the better you will be able to sense a problem. Thus quicker return policy is honored! IF NEED BE!
Good Luck

Mar 3, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 70 , Ace 250
yes stick to the factory settings , visit youtube for great minelab vids and tips

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"Just wondering if the factory settings are a good place to start?"

That is the best place to start. Minelab has taken many hours to figure which settings work best for each machine. After you are comfortable with the factory setting then you can experiment, but for your own sake, keep it simple.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread