Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: "Everything has already been found!"

Roland58 said:
And, there is always that "little spot" that nobody else's coil has passed over.......

And it can be a very small spot because it only takes the right small piece of metal to make your day, week, month, or even year.

OP
OP
Libralabsoldier

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150

Well, according to the little old 80yr old lady across the street, there is a reason my yard is such a trash heap. In the 50s there was also an AirStream trailer parked on the property, and the people who lived there were "trashy drunks" which explains the huge number of pull tabs I have found.

But since the house is not the FIRST house on the property (evidently there was an even earlier house than my 1940s farm house I currently live in, I expect to hit silver or gold in all this trash and nails eventually.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sorry young fella, it's all been found many a year ago, aint nuthin left, might as well take up stamp collectin'
Iffin you dont believe it .....Just ask me, I'll tell ya so.

Leastwise ya wont find nuttin without one a these here treasure maps I got off a old spanyard, garanteed to find the seven cities a gold.
Fer only $50 bucks ea. But they aint no good with out this here gizmo that'll sniff out gold from 100 miles away an it's only $5000.00 :tongue3:

I wish you success. Treasure hunting If it's done right is, 10% motivation, 75% preparation, 15% Perspiration and 100% Dedication.
Well my math may be off but you get the idea.

Happy Hunting,
GG~

OP
OP
Libralabsoldier

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150

I asked questions about that stuff over on the dousing forum...got nothing but crickets.

I am going to do more hunting in my yard when it warms a bit and maybe we get some rain.

OP
OP
Libralabsoldier

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150

Casca, you are misunderstanding. I do not worry that everything has been found....I just wonder why old timers try to claim that.

There is still a lot of the James gang stuff to be found around here, as well as many other outlaw caches. This was the land of renegades, outlaws, warring bands of Comanches, Kiowas, Keechis, and others.....

There is still plenty to be found, and there is no way that every inch of ground has been gone over.

OP
OP
Libralabsoldier

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150

I mean the guys who search for the James gang treasure. AFIK, the James family is largely in Missouri.

Also, river and creek beds in Oklahoma have not changed much. One of the benefits of living in a semiarid state. Granted, Dust Bowl years caused problems, but the stream beds cut themselves back along old channels.

OP
OP
Libralabsoldier

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150

I am about 20 miles north of Lawton, 20 miles south of Anadarko, and about 9 miles west-ish of Cement/Cyril.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread