Book help.

CrazySlasher

Jul 6, 2010
SS of MA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac w/Sunray probe and 15' WoTcoil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've gone through the "Recommended Reading" section but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for. In the next week I plan to start ordering reference books for a small library I want to put together and I could use some suggestions. Here's a list of what I'm looking for:

Buttons
Colonial Relics
Bottles
Civil/Revo War items
Indian Artifacts

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Swartzie

Mar 15, 2009
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Revolutionary War - "Collector's Illustrated Encyclopedia of the American Revolution" by George C. Neumann and frank J Kravic
Indian/Fur Trade - "Indian trade Relics Identification & Values" by Lar Hothem. This book is loaded with full color photos and lots of text.

-Swartzie

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Swartzie said:
Revolutionary War - "Collector's Illustrated Encyclopedia of the American Revolution" by George C. Neumann and frank J Kravic
Indian/Fur Trade - "Indian trade Relics Identification & Values" by Lar Hothem. This book is loaded with full color photos and lots of text.

-Swartzie

On the money! You WON'T find two better books for the price! I would have gladly paid twice for each.

For buttons you really have to decide what you want to cover because no one book will do it all. I have a few and could always use more.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
*Uniform Buttons of the United States by Warren. K Tice

*Record of American Uniform And Historical Buttons by Alphaeus S Albert

*American Military Button Makers And Dealers; Their Backmarks and Dates
By; William F McGuinn and Bruce S Bazelon

I have always referred back to;

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread