whites classic 5 id

rusty nail

Aug 3, 2010
south eastern michigan
Detector(s) used
white's
:icon_scratch: heading to florida first week of april to keep an eye on my daughter during spring break!! but plan to do some detecting.I have had my detector for a year now but have not used it on the beach yet! does anyone no how well this machine will work for me it does great in heavy soil just havent used it in sand .Do i need to purchase a new machine i do not plan on detecting in the water.

thanks for any help :help:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Not too well suited for wet salt sand, IMHO. It'll work, so long as the mineralization is light. But will not compare to other machines. The Whites Classic series are 2-filter units, that are great in iron-infested land sites, d/t good target separation and averaging ability. But not as well-suited for mineralization.

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
My Classic ID worked great in the dry sand, not so great in the wet sand. If you are going to hit the wet sand and have a coil cover on, seal it or take it off. When that saltwater gets inbetween there it wreaks havoc on the signals.

OP
OP
R

rusty nail

Aug 3, 2010
south eastern michigan
Detector(s) used
white's
thanks guys had no clue on any of that. thinking of looking around for something suited for salt water and sand any suggestions that will work better for me :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread