XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 2009 Nickel had a production of over 39,000,000 each for the Philadelphia and Denver Mints. Quite low by today's production rate but still just a common, modern clad issue.

Folks till have them hoarded but I just don't get it. I can see if one wants to be an opportunist when they are first released by the Mint and resell for whatever price they can get. For me though, at this point its just another piece of change.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have received several of them in change so I don't have a clue what the problem is in your area. Monty

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much do you want to pay for one. I haven't really checked my change latly for I will look for you....Matt

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mlayers said:
How much do you want to pay for one. I haven't really checked my change latly for I will look for you....Matt
i'll give you a penny each! :laughing7: I have set a goal to find as many different denominations and dates as possible either in pocket change or by metal detecting. Being on the East coast makes the D mint harder to come by. Maybe I'll get some tomorrow at the Car show and swap meet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread