Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dano,

No resentment or hard feelings here. What serious metal detectorist US or any nationality would not like a one or two week detecting trip to England. Great finds, friendly people, government understanding (fairly good). Whats not to like?

Ed D.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are so many zinc pennies in the ground at my favorite park I discriminate out zinc pennies as a nuisance. Monty

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've seen it written that there is more coinage in the ground than in circulation. I've wondered how they (whoever "they" are) determined that. On another note in response to Monty's post about zinc pennies I used to do the same thing until I read a post that mentioned some small rings and other jewelry will ID and ring in like zincs. The second zinc (I thought) I dug after reading that post turned out to be a small gold ring. So, I'm back to digging zincs cruddy as they are and grumbling as i thought it was bad enough that a lot of gold and jewelry hides in the aluminum/pull tab range.
luvsdux

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have tested my new Garrett machine on a 14k gold ring and zinc pennies, and I can tell the difference by the tone. On my old Ace 250, gold comes lin bouncing between a nickel and a pull tab, so I am not bothered by discriminating out zinc pennies. Or at least I don't think so. I suppose it just depends on your individual machine and how you interpret sounds? Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread