what do people think of a Laser Rapier ??

Bobby Bridge

Jun 17, 2010
Center Line M I
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jimmy
I work with a Fisher F 5 But--- The Tesoro Brand almost had me!__ I was new and the F5 looked liked it would fit me, It doe's BUT looking back, man I would sure like a chanch to try a Tesoro Cortes.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's really not much to say on the negative side apart from the battery system. A nine volt PP3 does save on weight but to get the best out of the machine it needs a quality battery and even then many replace them way before the battery is fully discharged. Gary at one time did a modification with the AA battery pack under the armrest for many Tesoro/Laser's.

Three part stem means it packs up small so excellent for air travel. Excellent iron discrimination as with most Tesoro's. Depth is not bad but its not a Tejon. Interesting thing is that when we had the drought its performance didn't drop off at the rate of many other machines.

I don't know what coil the one you tried had but the "Plus" version with its 9 x 8 coil gives you extra depth without totally ruining the balance and one of the U.K. dealers has these reduced at the moment.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never heard of a laser rapier show a pic please....Mite be a tad bit on the in tress side...

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Laser Rapier is a poor role model for our children! M :laughing7: nty

oldcoon

Jul 10, 2010
Middletown, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Laser Rapier had a brief run as Private Buckheit in "Criminal Minds" season 3, but the writers could never develop the character and he was written out of the show in season 4. Since then he was worked mostly Broadway.

OP
OP
jimmy uk

jimmy uk

Nov 3, 2010
Essex
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oldcoon said:
Laser Rapier had a brief run as Private Buckheit in "Criminal Minds" season 3, but the writers could never develop the character and he was written out of the show in season 4. Since then he was worked mostly Broadway.
:icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :dontknow: :dontknow:

its a metal detector :icon_thumleft:

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
Here you go Jimmy, a quick review by a fellow Brit.

http://www.garysdetecting.co.uk/field_tests.htm

Laser Rapier Field Test

The Laser Rapier is very much like the original Tesoro Silver Sabre plus, although this machine is powered by a 9 volt battery which is reported to give 16 hours of use, for optimum performance we have found it must be changed after 8 hours or less.

The machine is very light and strips down into three parts so it can be carried in a small rucksack,as with most modern Tesoros. A simple turn on and go set up with a pin point button which is hardly ever required. The audio response on the Laser Rapier is sharp and honest even on very small targets. Depth is good but not earth shattering these machines work very well on loose dry soil where many other machines fail this is the last of Tesoro- Lasers analogue machines.

Rate 8/10

Like's
Lightweight
Good value for money
Excellent after sales service
(Pentechnic)
Honest little machine for all ages
Fantastic for finding small coins amoungst Iron
Easy to learn

Dislikes
Can be fooled by deep Iron when searching on pasture
Not happy with 9Volt battery system

OP
OP
jimmy uk

jimmy uk

Nov 3, 2010
Essex
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the help :icon_thumright:

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here's a field test review

The Laser Rapier is very much like the original Tesoro Silver Sabre plus, although this machine is powered by a 9 volt battery which is reported to give 16 hours of use, for optimum performance we have found it must be changed after 8 hours or less.

The machine is very light and strips down into three parts so it can be carried in a small rucksack,as with most modern Tesoros. A simple turn on and go set up with a pin point button which is hardly ever required. The audio response on the Laser Rapier is sharp and honest even on very small targets. Depth is good but not earth shattering these machines work very well on loose dry soil where many other machines fail this is the last of Tesoro- Lasers analogue machines.

Rate 8/10

Like's
Lightweight
Good value for money
Excellent after sales service
(Pentechnic)
Honest little machine for all ages
Fantastic for finding small coins amongst Iron
Easy to learn

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
liftloop said:
Never heard of a laser rapier show a pic please....Mite be a tad bit on the in tress side...

Google=images="laser rapier"=Et voila :wink:

(Get an X-terra 305! or higher if you can afford it.)

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a Conquistador to me. I had the Conquistador I bought used and had to send it in for repairs. Tesoro refurbished the coil and tuned the detector to the coil, when I got it back it was the deepest hitting Tesoro I have owned sor far.

OP
OP
jimmy uk

jimmy uk

Nov 3, 2010
Essex
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dano Sverige said:
liftloop said:

Google=images="laser rapier"=Et voila :wink:

(Get an X-terra 305! or higher if you can afford it.)

cheers got a x-terra 30 now i want to upgrade my machine and trying out a laser rapier its deffo a upgrade from a x-terra 30 :)

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Umm..so is the 305! :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread