GTA 400

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
need battery box for gta 400 there's 8 aa theirs 2 separate battery holder 4 in each.I looked on the garret site but no-then.I seen one on eBay but didn't buy it.should off i was hoping mine would hold up but it didn't.My uncle had it at the time.that would explains why he bought his own detector and gave me back the gta 400.any help would be great full.

OP
OP
L

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the help but I found some.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
liftloop said:
Thanks for all the help but I found some.
When I needed one in the past, garett was more than willing to ship me replacement ones.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
2 hours ain't long for some help friend! :wink:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I know you said you're all set but for anyone else who needs these I'll relate my experience with Garrett customer service. I have a Gtax1250 and I suspect it uses the same battery holders. The "ears" that hold the batteries in break off after awhile. I called Garrett and asked if I could buy replacements and they told me to just give them my mailing address and they would hook me up. 3-4 days later a new pair showed up, redesigned so they are much stronger and at no charge. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
L

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
o.k.I'm a little inpatient thanks for all the reply,all call garret and ask but that's what happen the ears broke and now the battery's don't stay in.the classic one is down my uncle has my mxt in Arizona don't need the power of the 5900 and my surf master the batteries were dead.So i wanted too use the gta 400 but that didn't happen so i use my grandmaster hunter cx plus which I bought from kelly.co that work all right,things were going good untill my pick ax broke had to leave early that day 7 mile walk for all most no-then so it goes to show you,you can never have enough detectors.

OP
OP
L

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Called Sir Garrett and I told them I bought an used gta 400 and the battery box broke.they said no problem there sending some in the mail,boy you can't beat that service. either they no there's a problem and are trying to do rite or there just that good of a company but thanks to this forum it save me some money.I'm a happy camper.the person I bought the detector from was down on his luck so I gave him an extra 25.00 I only paid 125.00 for the gta 400 he made over 600.00 with it.

OP
OP
L

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well I'm still waiting for the battery boxes I hope they come in today it's starting to on thaw up here.

OP
OP
L

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the battery boxes came in today put fresh batteries in runs like a champ.now it's up and running for any buddy who wants to use it,or a back up detector it gives the surf master a good run on dept in the house if that even counts,out in the grudge on a 12 inch cast iron skillet the surf-master and the gta 400 can detect it at 26 inches the grandmaster hunter does a little better at 30 inches in all metal non motion 5900 does' better but there's a lot of interference with the grudge door. a.k.a garage door and tracking and all the stuff in the grudge didn't feel like going out side to do the test may be when my son come home from school we will re do the test out side.but the gta 400 is up an running.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread