deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well...my girlfriend officially thinks I'm nuts. For those that didn't notice, there was a 2 week window for Sanborn maps access. I think there's still a couple days left. I found out after 6 days had already past.

Well...I went hog wild, anticipating that access would be lost for a long time again.....I downloaded maps for 37 different counties in Pa...on the western side. Every stinking city available, the first and last map in each series.
I'm just about crosseyed at this point. I even took the day off work today just to get the last few dozen on my list.
I know I'll never in my lifetime ever look at or use all the maps I now have stored on my puter...and wisely backed up on a second drive...but gosh darn it...I have em!!!
If I ever decide a road trip...instead of having to take the time to go to the library, which I don't have, or wishing I had those finely detailed maps but no access...I have em for everything within a 5 hour drive of my house in my state.

I'm sure some may think 30 hours of map downloading is a real waste of time...but I think those maps are an invaluable resource and I wasn't about to let the opportunity slip by without taking full advantage of it.
None of the libraries or colleges around here have access to them and Quest won't give out subscriptions to individuals. Maps of buildings, businesses, roads, schools...all from the 1880's to the 1920's.
I dunno...maybe I am a bit nuts...but I have the maps. :read2: :thumbsup:

Al

dld

Apr 21, 2010
NE Fla
Detector(s) used
ace 250, BHID, Explorer SE Pro, Omega 8000
I don't have as many hours in it as you do yet but I am downloading away :icon_thumleft:

LukeTHr

Dec 13, 2005
kansas
Detector(s) used
whites xlt & tesoro tejon whites spectra v3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do you have a link to the webpage they have for access to the downloads? I am not finding it on the pages I am looking at. thanks

LukeTHr

Dec 13, 2005
kansas
Detector(s) used
whites xlt & tesoro tejon whites spectra v3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the link. I have been downloading maps since I got your link at 5 pm and have been finding out lots of interesting things about my town all evening. Fun stuff!!

K

Kentucky Kache

deepskyal said:
Well...my girlfriend officially thinks I'm nuts. For those that didn't notice, there was a 2 week window for Sanborn maps access. I think there's still a couple days left. I found out after 6 days had already past.

Well...I went hog wild, anticipating that access would be lost for a long time again.....I downloaded maps for 37 different counties in Pa...on the western side. Every stinking city available, the first and last map in each series.
I'm just about crosseyed at this point. I even took the day off work today just to get the last few dozen on my list.
I know I'll never in my lifetime ever look at or use all the maps I now have stored on my puter...and wisely backed up on a second drive...but gosh darn it...I have em!!!
If I ever decide a road trip...instead of having to take the time to go to the library, which I don't have, or wishing I had those finely detailed maps but no access...I have em for everything within a 5 hour drive of my house in my state.

I'm sure some may think 30 hours of map downloading is a real waste of time...but I think those maps are an invaluable resource and I wasn't about to let the opportunity slip by without taking full advantage of it.
None of the libraries or colleges around here have access to them and Quest won't give out subscriptions to individuals. Maps of buildings, businesses, roads, schools...all from the 1880's to the 1920's.
I dunno...maybe I am a bit nuts...but I have the maps. :read2: :thumbsup:

Al

That's not at all crazy. That's the mark of a true treasure hunter. Well, I guess we are a little crazy, but...

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
geeze I wish I'd have seen this for my area in Pa- I'd love to get old maps of Eastern Pa! (carbondale/scranton/wilkesbarre area) - lackawanna and wayne county.

that link on here was no longer authorized! bummer...oh well maybe next time... :dontknow:

OP
OP
deepskyal

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Check the maps section of this forum or by location down near the bottom of the main page. Penn State has some maps online free to view and you can pick out lots of leads outside of the Sanborn maps.
I know I posted a link in one of those to Penn States Sanborn maps. They have a few mostly from Eastern Pa.

Al

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread