diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Luck. I have hunted the tot lots in city parks around town and other spots that were under construction when I was actually working at the site. Not much old stuff around down here unless you find some of the older homes to hunt and even then there is alot of trash to be dug especially with your model MD. I used to travel north and west inland to hunt other places than the beach but gas prices have stopped that. Most empty lots and fields are fenced in and posted NO TRESPASSING down here as well as schools. You have to get lucky and find a road or sidewalk tearup in an older part of town, as you may well know most of this place was built in the last 50 years or less. As stated the older homes are good but getting permission can be hard sometimes. Personally, i'd say if your serious about detecting get a better detector, until then stick to the dry sand and the tot lots. When it comes to S.FL. the beach is the best place to search. There are good places to hunt but they are few and far between and take a lot of research and determination to get to them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread