Dont know what to do...

mustang8780

Feb 28, 2010
Gainesville, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab GPX-4800, Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, after going back and forth for a few weeks I decided to add a Whites TDI to my stable. I currently swing the E-Trac and its predecessor was the GTI-2500. Anyway, the wife gave the green light and I went and bought a brand new TDI. Took it out to some hot ground in Culpeper VA that I know for a fact has only been hit by VLF's (its government land that my company utilizes and its fenced and patrolled 24/7) There has been some unbelievable finds made on this site, some by me with the e-trac, but most by my buddy with his explorer. I know I am new to the TDI but...even still I researched to crap out of it and talked to several folks before getting it. Needless to say...I am not sure its for me. I spent 15 hours with it so far and all I have dug is Iron...a little bit of iron, and then some more iron. Oh...one shotgun shell...

What should I do? I am half tempted to list it in the classifieds and cut my losses...

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
"(its government land that my company utilizes and its fenced and patrolled 24/7)"
Well your post did one thing: it probably has got you a federal investigation started into who you are.

As for the MD, it takes time to learn to set and listen to different types of detectors, keep at it a bit and see if you can learn it. If not then you can sell it.

OP
OP
mustang8780

mustang8780

Feb 28, 2010
Gainesville, VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haha, thats funny...maybe I wasnt clear. I have permission to be on that land and hunt it. So, they can investigate all they want...im good to go.

I most likely will keep it, my biggest struggle is spending time with the TDI and thinking that I am missing good stuff that I would be getting with the E-Trac....

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
mustang8780 said:
haha, thats funny...maybe I wasnt clear. I have permission to be on that land and hunt it. So, they can investigate all they want...im good to go.

I most likely will keep it, my biggest struggle is spending time with the TDI and thinking that I am missing good stuff that I would be getting with the E-Trac....

Who gave you such permission?? Don't answer this question unless there is an archeology permit involved.

If the company gave permission, and does not have a permit, you just stated involvement with a conspiracy, (being done to a group at this time in a case). Simply put if you are on government land, a permit has to happen or that theft of government property can happen. If more than one person is involved it might also be construed as a conspiracy. 18 U.S.C. 371

And if you are use to the other detector, use it for the known areas you work in, and practice with the new one at other times until you get comfortable using it. Switching detectors in mid stream (especially one you are not use to) is not wise.

OP
OP
mustang8780

mustang8780

Feb 28, 2010
Gainesville, VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are funny, my company has full access to this land, its not government land in the sense of park property its government land in the sense that we use it for defense contract purposes and we have unlimited rights to the property, the questions have been asked and the permission has been granted. I do not detect where I am not allowed to be.

CrazySlasher

Jul 6, 2010
SS of MA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac w/Sunray probe and 15' WoTcoil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know much about the TDI, but from the little bit I read, it's a junk magnet.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would take both afield hunt with one when you get a target check with the other and then dig it up to see what it really is,that way you can figger out what it's telling you,you mite find out that one detector is deeper than the other and you can practice knocking the target out with discrimination. that's what i seen other people do,to get a better grip on there detector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread