New Virgin Beach to Cultivate

PKennett

Oct 18, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to go on one of my common SCUBA diving trips this coming weekend in Malaysia. The little island of Palau Sibu is located about 4 hours north of Singapore in the South China sea, and makes a great weekend getaway. The resort is called Rimba, and is quite rustic. $200 buys round trip land and sea transfers, lodging and meals for the whole weekend. However I just had dental implant surgery and everyone is telling me to not dive or I risk having the implant fail. What to do?

RimbaEvening.jpg
Me, taking in the last light from sunset.

Well, I asked the resort owner and discovered that no one has ever metal detected the beaches there to their knowledge!

RimbaBeach.jpg
The beach at Rimba, just outside my hut.

Also, there is another resort called the Sea Gypsy on the other side of this tiny island, about a 30 minute walk through the forest and they have a much larger beach, catering to wealthier tourists.

Sibu.jpg

They too have never had metal detectors there, and said will allow me to search their beach too!

Tinggi.jpg
SeaG2.jpg
This beach is quite compact, so all the tourist swimmers are concentrated in one small area. This is ideal to concentrate any jewelry!

SeaG1a.jpg
High Tide at the Sea Gypsy

SeaG1b.jpg
Low Tide.

So I will bring both my White's Surfmaster P.I. (Pulse induction) and White's V3i (3 frequency) and put them to the test of searching another virgin beach. These beaches should have a lot less iron than the ones in Singapore, so it should be an interesting test. I also just read (not verified) that hundreds of years ago Chinese junks and pirate vessels oftenly exchanged cannon fire around the island, and the remains of battles lie scattered around the sea floor. If that is true.... ok, just dreaming, but if that is true who knows what I may find! In any event, I am going to tear up that sand until it looks like a plowed field!

I'll be offline after Friday afternoon, and will get back to you all Sunday night.

Peter

Michaelangelo

Jun 9, 2009
Piedmont N.C.
Looks like you're living the good life Peter!! Been to Singapore and absolutely loved it. How long have you been there?
Waiting to see your finds-keep us posted.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Please don't make it look like a plowed field. :o

I'm sure you were kidding. Sure sounds like an awesome vacation...enjoy and post your finds.

Al

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aaaa to be there, with to beautiful White's products under your arm the natives will be jealous dig it up. I hope you find your treasure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread