Trying to find a ring owner.....no luck.

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello. My brother, Farscape, found a class ring with his detector. It is posted in the todays finds forum.

We have been trying to find the owner of the ring for a long time.

It is a ring from West Bend High. Class of 1989. It has the words R VAL JOHNSON on the band.

West Bend High in Wisconsin Has 2 Schools, the Spartans and the Suns. The "mascot" on the ring seems to be a native american of some sort. I contacted someone from the West Bend Wisconsin schools and they have never heard of a native american mascot for wither school. This is leaving us in a huge lurch.

The only other West Bend school we have been able to find is a wolverine mascot or something and is in Iowa.

Any ideas as to how to track this person down? I am about run out of ideas.

Thanks.

Ryan.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Is it possible that your West Bend HS was consolidated into another school since 1989?

Is it possible that the feather on your ring wasn't a decoration chosen by the student, and had nothing to do with the school mascot?

Does the WBHS school in WI have a yearbook from '89, and can they look up your student?

Have you tried looking for other WBHS's mascots, like under WB Warriors, Indians, Braves, Arrows, etc?

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Also, have you checked out any of the High School class pages? Isn't one of them called classmates.com?

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I just did a search for "West Bend Class of 1989" on Google, and found that the WI WB school has a FB page.

Could you email any of those folks, and ask them if they know a Valerie Johnson?

IIRC, your ring looked like a girls ring...I'm guessing your ring owner's name was Rhonda Valerie Johnson, or sumpin' like that.

OP
OP
ryaan21

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
clovis97 said:
Is it possible that your West Bend HS was consolidated into another school since 1989?

Is it possible that the feather on your ring wasn't a decoration chosen by the student, and had nothing to do with the school mascot?

Does the WBHS school in WI have a yearbook from '89, and can they look up your student?

Have you tried looking for other WBHS's mascots, like under WB Warriors, Indians, Braves, Arrows, etc?

According to the guy I talked to from the Class of 89 at that school, it has always been the Spartans and the Suns. I asked him if they mascots had ever changed and he said no, not to his knowledge.

The image on the ring is and indian chief, full head dress. It may be she added it rather than use the school mascot. I will follow your suggestion and look for names connected to west bend featuring other mascots of a native sort.

They may have a yearbook, I looked at the classmates site and the only Johnson close to whats on the ring is a Randall Johnson.

OP
OP
ryaan21

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
clovis97 said:
I just did a search for "West Bend Class of 1989" on Google, and found that the WI WB school has a FB page.

Could you email any of those folks, and ask them if they know a Valerie Johnson?

IIRC, your ring looked like a girls ring...I'm guessing your ring owner's name was Rhonda Valerie Johnson, or sumpin' like that.

The facebook page is where I got ahold of the gentleman who gave me what little info he had. But I will continue the search. :)

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Contact your local newspaper and see if the want to help find the owner. They like to do human interest stories like that. Monty

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I've been thinking about this thread for a few days.

Even though this won't help you find the owner, I graduated in the '80's, and I remember the ring companies pushing different motifs that you could have on a class ring. No longer did you have to opt only for the school mascot...you could individualize your ring....that is if IIRC.

soniya

Greenie
May 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
clovis97 said:
Also, have you checked out any of the High School class pages? Isn't one of them called classmates.com?

yes it will be better and also search some social networks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread