Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Jun 2011

Need help locating underground tanks

I posted this in another location, but thought it might get better exposure here. I need to locate some large metal tanks which may be as much as seven feet underground. If anyone has a White TM 808 or other detector that would work I would like to talk to you. I would be interested in hiring your services, renting the detector or whatever other ideas you might have. The property is near Joshua Tree National Park. Thanks

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Jul 2005
    Napoleon MI 49201
    Garrett
    20 times

Re: Need help locating underground tanks

Get a dowser!!!! on the dowsing line, that really works. Bob

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    1503 times
    Banner Finds (3)

up to 7 ft. underground, for a tank, is an easy feat for a 2-box unit. Especially if the location is riddled with nuisance little stuff, the 2-box will see past that, and only get the larger item you're looking for. I'll float an inquiry on the kinzli CA forum for you, and see if anyone knows of a rental or hire service for you. Will have them PM you with the info.
    Metal detecting is my one worldy vice!

Ant
    us
    Aug 2006
    Cali
    Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
    Banner Finds (1)

Someone at these links should be able to help.

http://firstclassminers.org/

http://www.lifestylestore.com/

You can also send me a PM and I'll take a look, I don't have a two box machine but I might be able to help.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    1503 times
    Banner Finds (3)

Another thought is to simply contact any dealer near Joshua Trees (Riverside area? etc...) and ask them if they have a contact with any customers who they know have one. Because dealers (not catalogs, but actual brick & mortar dealers) tend to know the local hobbyists in their area, who has what toy (d/t perhaps they've sold them one in the past). And they might refer you to a hobbyist in the area who has one. And that person could loan or rent his, or hire out his services, etc....

Metal detecting is my one worldy vice!

us
    Mar 2009
    3 times

Seven feet deep seems somewhat excessive from what I have seen with underground tanks. I used to inspect them when they were installed. Depending on size, fuel tanks rarely have more than three of cover. It costs money to get them real deep. You did not say what the tanks were used for but if they were for fuel storage, there should be fill and vent pipes visible nearby or directly above the tank. If they were for some other purpose, then I don't know.

Jerry

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors