Everyone needs to follow this

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
If everyone followed this video, metal detecting wouldn't be banned in half the places it is. It's always the beginners and careless detectorists leaving holes and messy holes. I can't blame the beginners tho, because they are new and haven't been taught the proper way.

Thought I'd share this with you all so you can sharpen your knowledge on it.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice start on showing newbies how to get the coin out of the ground. When I started coin hunting I used a screw driver to probe for the coin first and if I touched it I would "pop it out", as we didn't have depth readings then. When I cut a plug I used a three sided one so the grass was always attached to the sod and folded it back. Dirt when on a drop cloth and I too wore gloves because of glass.

Course out in the boondocks you can use a Lesche but still need to cover your holes so nobody can tell anyone was there. Newbies need to take pride in their work......

OP
OP
relichunters

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Agreed, plus it really doesn't matter if you're in the woods or on a playground, you should always practice it the same every place.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does this mean I have to stop using my post hole digger? :dontknow: :icon_pirat:

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Terry Soloman said:
Does this mean I have to stop using my post hole digger? :dontknow: :icon_pirat:

Terry, if you can use those things and leave no sign afterwards, keep on brother... My father was an "expert" with 'um. He'd cut down about 6" turn 90 degrees and do it again and lift a nice square plug out. He could then dig all he wanted. He used to find the corner stakes on his property with an old detector and post hole diggers. After he verified the stake, he'd refill the hole and replace the plug and you'd never know he was there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions