Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For everyones information

FYI,

Thursday morning (tomorrow), two Garrett treasure hunters from Montana are scheduled to be shown on Good Morning America. If the segment airs as planned, it will feature modern day treasure hunters, including coin collectors and detectorists. The Garrett users were filmed Sunday showing many of their coins and treasures they’ve found in recent years and were followed out to hunt an old home site using their AT Pro detectors. If I hear of a change in the air date of this treasure hunting segment, I’ll drop you another note.

Steve Moore

Garrett Electronics

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh boy, that's all we need. ::)

More advertising of our hobby.

Like there aren't enough of us already! :D

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Smudge said:
Oh boy, that's all we need. ::)

More advertising of our hobby.

Like there aren't enough of us already! :D
Im with you on that. Its already getting hard to find even a yard to hunt that someone hasnt already been over. Last week I knocked on 3 doors and 2 of those were hunted 2 or 3 times.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that as long as the detectorists are shown in a positive light then nothing but good can come from this segment. It's the ones that dig holes and don't cover them up, or dig incorrectly and tear up the turf, or worse yet, trespass on private property without permission to detect, that give our hobby a bad name. Just because a place has been detected before doesn't mean there isn't more to find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread