Opinion of a coin shop

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
At a coin show some time back, I filled out a card for Premiere Coin Gallery on Long Island New York. I got a call from them regarding a special. Does anyone know of this company & have an opinion of them??? If so please share...if so, how do they compare with Littleton Coin.

Thank you

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read those reviews, someone should notify the law if those are true. Sounds like interstate fraud to me, especially if they use US Mail to ship the coins.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stefen said:
Probably should tread carefully...check reviews from people scammed...

http://citysquares.com/b/premiere-coin-galleries-1142264

Scammed. Try stupid! (if you actually believe it)

"I have been buying Rare Coins form a company called "Chris Innace Gold & Silver LLC" out of Long Island New York. via telephone I have been purchasing Morgan Dollars graded PCI from my sales person Rob Cerase,and told they were the best investment in the market today. Looking at all my invoices, I have spent over $325,000, my whole retirement savings. I went to a local dealer here in Florida and he appraised them at only $40,000 I was shocked and outraged when I got a similar quote from a 2nd opinion."

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hombre_de_plata_flaco said:
[mod]Terms violations removed.[/mod]

Yeah and people are spending 325k... all their life savings and they don't even know what they are buying. [mod]Terms violations removed.[/mod]

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm for the coin dealer. :tongue3: I wouldn't even spend $3.75 on any coin.. That is, unless the melt value is greater :tongue3:

If people want to pay over face value of any coin, that's their problem. I don't see any arm twisting, just someone that is speculating your investment will be worth more in the future. If you as a consumer buy into that, I have a ton of things to sell you, that are even more promising. :laughing7:

The only difference now is perhaps the melt value of the precious metal. Value on any commodity is what you, or someone else is looking to spend, or make on it.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Hombre! I see a rope around your neck. Don't get TOO AGITATED!! Your Guardian Angel is way off at Carmel-By-The-Sea! TTC

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
TerryC said:
Hey Hombre! I see a rope around your neck. Don't get TOO AGITATED!! Your Guardian Angel is way off at Carmel-By-The-Sea! TTC

I'm not agitated at all. I'm just doing my part to combat the "blame the victim" mentality that seems to permeate this forum. There seems to be a lot of "well she was wearing a short, skimpy dress with some cleavage showing so she deserved it" talk around here. Shouldn't blame the victim of a crime and make excuses for the criminal.

Just sayin'...

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I wish I could view some of these posts that were removed for violations.

Who spends 325k without educating themselves first? Seriously? If I could call somebody up (that gave me their information to call them) and sell them coins for 8 times their "value" I would be all over it. That's some great profit.

It just amazes me that people in this day and age can be so clueless.

My guess is that hombre was trying to start a petition for government hand-holding for people who collect or might want to collect coins? Maybe a chaperon to make sure nobody ever overspends. Then we could gather around the bonfire, sing a little, and get 1st places ribbons for trying so gosh darn hard so nobody feels left out.

S

stefen

Frequently, there are people on TNet who invest or purchase some item then ask if they did the right thing...many times investing or buying at a loss.

To buy an item or make an investment blindly without thorough knowledge is nobodies fault except their own...

Let the buyer beware...

And as P. T. Barnum stated, 'There's a sucker born every moment'.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bazinga said:
Man I wish I could view some of these posts that were removed for violations.

Who spends 325k without educating themselves first? Seriously? If I could call somebody up (that gave me their information to call them) and sell them coins for 8 times their "value" I would be all over it. That's some great profit.

It just amazes me that people in this day and age can be so clueless.

My guess is that hombre was trying to start a petition for government hand-holding for people who collect or might want to collect coins? Maybe a chaperon to make sure nobody ever overspends. Then we could gather around the bonfire, sing a little, and get 1st places ribbons for trying so gosh darn hard so nobody feels left out.

He wanted to continue that fist thread I dropped out of. It's actually the second time he's done it now, and no doubt won't be the last. Of course he starts it again firing the first shot then claims abuse. ;D

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
He wanted to continue that fist thread I dropped out of. It's actually the second time he's done it now, and no doubt won't be the last. Of course he starts it again firing the first shot then claims abuse. ;D

Ha, all we need is Danny to make this a real party! :occasion14:

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
bazinga said:

Iron Patch said:

LOL you two are so cute.

ironpatchandbazingaghey.jpg

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hombre,
I don't mind the bantering back and forth but be careful what you post! Pictures of certain businesses with things such as "seedy" tagged with them, may get you a slander suit. Just a thought. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread