deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As much as I follow Tnet, my personal detecting ventures were limited by work and relationships. I've only been out a few times in early spring...nothing since.
Nothing like havin a decent detector or two sitting in the corner teasing you. It wasn't always like this but you gotta do what you gotta do.

That's all about to change next week. For the first time in years, I'm taking 9 consecutive vacation days and heading to a place I've only dreamed about for years.

A couple day stay with my brother in Philly, then heading up to the mountains to where a tragic flood wiped out 3 towns when a dam burst.

This flood took out the bigger portion of Austin, Pa and the next 2 towns of Wharton and Costello along the creeks path....in a narrow valley, maybe 100' wide.

I've studied this site since I first started detecting back in the 80's. It became an obsession. :o
Now almost 30 years later, I'm finally convinced that if there is treasure to be found, I've located the spot.
I've poured over pictures, testimonies, journals, topo maps...even an original video of the flood as it was happening. This is the 100 year anniversary of that flood.
I've watched videos of other floods just to study their power...holy crap!!!

I've walked and explored half this area from the time I was in my teens. One of my favorite fishing getaways. :thumbsup:

I've got reservations at a local motel I've stayed at many times in the past. Told the guy I might extend it an additional day...just because I can...place is really cheap.

So at 55, 56 in a couple weeks, I'm going to realize a fantasy...have an adventure, relax in the peaceful mountains...probably even drink a few beers on the porch of the cottage at night.

Even if I find no treasure at all, nary a coin....I will still have done something with my detectors...sans dust...lol!

The adventure??? High brush, fast running water, rattlesnakes, mountains......such a pleasant distraction from life's rut.

Al

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best of luck to ya! :icon_thumleft:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
deepskyal,Sounds like my kind of place,kinda like Cosby Tennessee,not much there,did a lot of porch sittin in 6 years!!!!!!!!!!!Miss it too!I will say with 100% certainty REASEARCH IS THE KEY,you just have to find the LOCK!Brother I hope you score some nice finds! Careful of them rattlers,they ain't as loud as the movies make them out to be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GodBless Enjoy and be Safe HH Chris

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Luck Al! I live about an hour away from Austin...I also will be up there someday...So save some for me!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread