GPAA claims in Northern California

Shastasage

Tenderfoot
Sep 4, 2011
Hello,

Years ago i was a member of GPAA. (mid 1980's)
I seem to remember getting a pretty good sized yellow(?) book with a listing of all the claims that were available for members to work.

I am considering Joining again and wonder if that book is available.

If anyone has a book i am wondering if you could tell me if there are some claims i could explore that are close to where i live.
I am looking for places i can go to that are between Dunsmuir and Yreka....I live in Mt Shasta.

Any help is greatly appreciated:-)

Thanks,

Shastasage

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I am a life member of GPAA. The book is called the Mining Guide. You can only get it you are a member and paid your dues. It is actually 1" thick. There are many claims in CA They are listed by state and county, but the counties are mixed up. You have to be a member to work the private claims, but some public claims are listed too. I have only worked the Red Cloud claim in CA. There is actually a gold mine on the next property. Check them out. WWW goldprospectors.org
Frank

Nuggetville

Feb 28, 2011
Shasta... Real nice country in your neck of the woods! We didn't get to spend much time in that area last season, but we hope to this year. We sell GPAA memberships although the turn around would be quicker through GPAA seeing as they are in Temecula. There are quite few claims in your area. Check out the GPAA website for their Gold and Treasure show schedule. We're in Red Bluff march 10-11 2012. Take care and happy hunting!

OP
OP
S

Shastasage

Tenderfoot
Sep 4, 2011
Thanks Guys!

It looks like my best bet it to join and get the book.

Is it pretty up to date or do they have an internet update?

Cheers,

Shasta

Nuggetville

Feb 28, 2011
They don't have an online version... They update the guide every 2 years or so. They are going to be updating for 2012, but I do believe current members will get a copy when they come out (you don't have to buy the new version) if you want, I can sign you up and send out the member package with free shipping. Just let me know. We have the new member packages in stock and can ship asap. Take care and happy hunting!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
The guide will be re dun for 2012. They send the updates to the mining guide as they get them. They are in closed in their publication , the Pick and shovel gazette. You also get a magazine which is interesting reading. Good info and good stories. Frank

Nuggetville

Feb 28, 2011
You got it! Make sure to come see us at the show in Red Bluff next spring. Happy hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread