Epic Find - Minelabs New iPhone App - Check it out!

metdetdevl

Sep 14, 2007
Winter Springs, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Epic Find - Minelab's New iPhone App - Check it out!

Minelab's New iPhone App Just Released Today. Check it Out!!

http://www.minelab.com/usa/epic-find

Find treasure anywhere with your pocket metal detector! Minelab Epic Find uses your iPhone camera to simulate real-life metal detection, with special audio cues to help you learn and distinguish among the varying tones and values of different treasures like Golden Nuggles, or mysterious relics like the Sheriff's Remains. Unlock five popular metal detectors from Minelab, the industry's world leader in metal detection technology, and hunt across four worldwide locations.

http://www.minelab.com/usa/epic-find

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Epic Find - Minelab's New iPhone App - Check it out!

IMHO, more gimmick than anything else :thumbsup: There are literally hundreds of these types of apps on the market. All more or less suck too. You basically have to have the phone within an inch of the target to get a response. Will this one be different/better? Who knows. Might make a good pinpointer (if that), but again, more novelty than anything. Can you say pet rock? :laughing7: :tongue3:

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oh yeah, I'm sure you'd have to sign-up to use the thing with your email, or, once you download it Minelab will have access to your records, etc. Minelab will then have everyones personal information to market to. Very shrewd on their part. Emails and similar information is worth more than gold. They can then send a barrage of marketing messages to these prospects in the hopes of making sales. Good for Minelab = a pain in the butt for the person who downloads the app :sign13: :thumbsup:

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

metdetdevl said:
It's a game.... try it out...

Thanks for posting this, metdet, but, think I'll stick to online poker :laughing7: :thumbsup:

Jeepers, just noticed you're in Winter Springs, FL...same as those 'other' guys :laughing7: Must be tough to be independent with those bigshots breathing over your shoulder all the time.

Good luck :icon_sunny:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

With all their service issues you'd think they'd quit playing games and take care of business. :dontknow:

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bigscoop said:
With all their service issues you'd think they'd quit playing games and take care of business. :dontknow:

This should win quote of the year :headbang: Just another fad. Another way to capture the hearts & minds of prospective customers. Branding. Planting seeds. Tagging. Soliciting information.

Instead of video games, invest the money in a 24/7 live customer service number. Hire a few more people in the tech. department & guarantee a (3) day turnaround time on all repairs. Business will boom greater than the gold rush of the 1800's :sign13:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I said it before and I'll say it again..........hope I'm wrong but.........."This is a company that is showing all the signs of a company in trouble."

Two years ago I would have bought a new Excal, today I wouldn't. It appears that this is just another company that is allowing the word customer to die at the point of purchase. :dontknow:

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bigscoop said:
I said it before and I'll say it again..........hope I'm wrong but.........."This is a company that is showing all the signs of a company in trouble."

Two years ago I would have bought a new Excal, today I wouldn't. It appears that this is just another company that is allowing the word customer to die at the point of purchase. :dontknow:

And this is precisely why I didn't purchase an Excal or Sov as my water hunting unit. Heck, my land hunting unit too. Some of the best machines out there, but, better not break it :laughing7: What good is having a machine that - if it goes haywire - you won't get it back for sometimes many months?!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

njnydigger said:
bigscoop said:

And this is precisely why I didn't purchase an Excal or Sov as my water hunting unit. Heck, my land hunting unit too. Some of the best machines out there, but, better not break it :laughing7: What good is having a machine that - if it goes haywire - you won't get it back for sometimes many months?!

Same here. Was really considering a new Excal but the ongoing service issues has kept me from it. Instead, I've decided on a CZ-21, because of Fisher's quality service. :thumbsup:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

:happy1: :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread