SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm curious... If there is actually gold still in Fort Knox what is it there for?

We are no longer on the gold standard. It's my belief that our money was based off of the gold in FK.

Well seeing that we aren't on the gold standard what exactly IS the gold that is in there for? If there is actually gold in the vault?

And while we are on that, do you think there actually is gold in the vault?

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heard a rumor that a lot of the gold was used to pay back some loans, and France would accept only gold as payment.

I truly believe even when they let the public & media see the inside of the vault most of it was gone. The public only got to see one room out of all of them. Also if you think about it, stack bars three deep in the front of a room and you'd be able to let people pull a bar or two out & the room would still appear to be full all the way to the back. Of course with all the security etc. There's no way to say for fact either way. Well, that's my two cents worth (before taxes).

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw that Brad Meltzer show too. ;D

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lookindown said:
I saw that Brad Meltzer show too. ;D
Note: Decoded only barely brushed the surface. And you have to remember that the show is edited for "entertainment" value. If you are really interested, do a little Googling & research. Bet your jaw will drop. Seriously, it's interesting if you get into it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread