interesting depth tests ( what do you think)

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These tests so enraged some members of a club I was in that most of the detectors used were gathered up and tried on several different beaches ranging from upmineralised to some blacksand and no way could the results be duplicated.
It was then that the other review from this group was found as relating to the Whites XLT. Now if the XLT, which is a poor wet sand machine at best, could do as well as suggested then no one would ever use BBS/ FBS or pulse.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
ED Matthews put this group of hunters together in the late 90's to compile these results. Interesting, but only good if you happen to be hunting this beach only, ..I've hunted beach's up and down the east coast of the US using the same detectors and results from one beach to the next can vary because of the Matrix of the Sand and Salinity percentage of the water. Just my opinion, but of resent I'm seeing now temperature seems to affect depth also, as far as your settings on how far you can push them for the best results..And this could be because different seasons bring changing salinity conditions? So what works well in one place, maynot do as well at the next. And that can go from Coils, scoops, detectors..etc..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread