does it give you the hump when no one replies to your post(results are in)

does it give you the hump when no one replies to your post

• Total voters

oldcoon

Jul 10, 2010
Middletown, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: does it give you the hump when no one replies to your post

I'm an old message board user and as such I've developed my own ways of posting. Usually when I type up a response and send it out I never come back. I say my peace the pass through the door leaving those remaining to hash out what I said. A few years back on a popular outdoor message board I had a guy arguing with me for almost week, a pretty remarkable feat in itself considering I was never back at that thread after my initial post. I do not set out to initially do that but sometimes it just works out that way.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

oldcoon said:
I'm an old message board user and as such I've developed my own ways of posting. Usually when I type up a response and send it out I never come back. I say my peace the pass through the door leaving those remaining to hash out what I said. A few years back on a popular outdoor message board I had a guy arguing with me for almost week, a pretty remarkable feat in itself considering I was never back at that thread after my initial post. I do not set out to initially do that but sometimes it just works out that way.

:icon_thumright: best way to Never loose an argument :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
M

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jeff of pa said:
oldcoon said:

:icon_thumright: best way to Never loose an argument :icon_thumleft:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

In all seriousness many times newbies will post something on a board that isn't going to get many replies... Asking how a certain detector works in the Tech Talk board isn't going to get a lot of replies vs positing it under the proper web board. As an example Minelab or Whites.... Ask how to tune a Minelab Explorer in the Tech Talk board is going to be slow in responses...., ask it on the Minelab board you will get multiple replies fairly quickly.....

I have also seen some members post "there is a clique here, no one replies to any of my questions or posts" yet when I went and looked up all their posts they got replies to 99.9% of their questions..... So why are they complaining.... :dontknow:

I reply to lots of posts here, but I do try to limit it to the ones I at least have a some what of a clue what the answer is. Better to keep quiet and people think I'm ignorant, than open my mouth and prove it.... :laughing9:

There are hundreds and hundreds of people here that try to help as much as possible, some people think wow 50 views and not one reply, they don't stop to think or consider anyone can view a topic, only members can reply and we get hundreds of guests every single day...

jcono

Aug 31, 2011

As a newbie, its hard to come up with meaningful posts- unless you are showing your finds- because the answers to most newb. questions have already been posted a million times; and I don't expect a member to waste their time answering my question just because I'm too lazy to do a simple "search" on the subject. I feel the inexperienced like myself should research and read, read, read!!
I don't want to pad my number of posts with "Cool!" "great!" etc. responses- ( although when looking at members finds lots of times that's all I have to say...)

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II

I guess it matters to some?
There's no "clique's" here i know of,and those accused of being in one are just more opinionated and say more than others. A clique cannot dominate a thread without responding anyhow,and it can't prevent other members posting on their own.
Many people just jump in for a nosey and then decide it's not for them, and don't comment. Some get misled by the title and leave when they don't know anything about the subject or have nothing to say. Some, like myself, sit thinking of a reply and then suddenly can't be bothered typing, and move on lol!

None of it's "personal"! so don't take it that way.
Here's my tried and tested technique for responses - No matter what the subject is, ALWAYS have one paragraph advocating "gun control"!

Never fails. ;D

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jcono said:
As a newbie, its hard to come up with meaningful posts- unless you are showing your finds- because the answers to most newb. questions have already been posted a million times; and I don't expect a member to waste their time answering my question just because I'm too lazy to do a simple "search" on the subject. I feel the inexperienced like myself should research and read, read, read!!
I don't want to pad my number of posts with "Cool!" "great!" etc. responses- ( although when looking at members finds lots of times that's all I have to say...)
That's one of my pet hates on T.Net :angry4: people who bump up there post count, by mearly saying nice find, or Cool ??? and you would be surprised at how many do it :o and regular posters :o :o

SS

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Silver Searcher said:
jcono said:
That's one of my pet hates on T.Net :angry4: people who bump up there post count, by mearly saying nice find, or Cool ??? and you would be surprised at how many do it :o and regular posters :o :o

SS

Nice Post :thumbsup:

:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

ALDORADO

Greenie
Nov 4, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

[/quote]

Yea I was tempted to lock it so he didn't get replies :laughing7:
[/quote]

Classic.

OP
OP
M

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yea I was tempted to lock it so he didn't get replies :laughing7:
[/quote]

Classic.
[/quote]so not nice dudes

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jeep said:
Silver Searcher said:
jcono said:

SS

+1

OP
OP
M

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Silver Searcher said:
jcono said:

SS
-1 yea

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Who really cares what their post count is, my post count want buy me a cup of coffee anywhere.....

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I don't know about cliques; but there are groups with common interests that fire them up more than others, which is fine. I find a lot of stuff, but don't post pics of it, cause I'm overawed by some of the other finds. I mean, you see one square nail you've seen them all. Dano is right about the 'Gun Control' thing, and I myself will side with him and say I can't stress that enough. The proper firing stance, correct breathing, a measured trigger pull, being sure of your target, so many different methods and techniques for proper gun control that the subject is sure to spark a lively debate. (hehe Dano!)

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DigginThePast said:
Jeep said:
Silver Searcher said:
jcono said:

SS

+1
That's how you got so many :laughing9: ah well if you have nothing to show, I suppose you have to get it up some how :laughing9:

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-IIBa/Tesoro Cibola

Hitting what ur aiming at, thats gun control!

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer

I spend to much time online as it is to spend hours compiling a post or hours to reply to just one.

I can't believe it, I replied to this one. What am I doing here when I could be out swinging my detector?

I hope some of you are into treasure hunting, prospecting and other hobbies also. Besides that, I can't spend that much time on here because my wife is online more then I am. Ops, she's giving me an ear banging already.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Silver Searcher said:
DigginThePast said:
Jeep said:
Silver Searcher said:
jcono said:

SS

+1
That's how you got so many :laughing9: ah well if you have nothing to show, I suppose you have to get it up some how :laughing9:

Errm........are we still talking about posting? I'm going to close my curtains, my junk is gold I tell ya! :laughing7:

OP
OP
M

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gleaner1 said:
Zephyr said:
Well, if your topics are really bad....

topic_down_in_flames.jpg

:D

:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: That is some funny stuff, I don't care who you are....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread