goin teal huntin;)

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
I was waiting for someone to question what a teal is. There are none here, only snipes. Have you ever gone snipe hunting when you were younger?

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola

Attachments

• teal.jpg
    teal.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 268
OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
yeah teal is a duck, or duck like, they are pretty fast too, and gorgeous. actually last year i got my first snipe, not many down here in the desert, but i thought it was soo cool i kept its head. it will make a interesting skull piece, the beak just freaks me out. as for the teal, we had no luck, i will be going at sun set in a day or 2 since the season only lasts like 10 days here ( i dunno why so short)

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Blue wing? Green wing? Cinnamon?

I've busted many a boxful at 'em in years gone by. Those little guys can really scoot!

BTW, if you think a snipe's bill is something, you ought to see a woodcock (or as some old-timers used to call 'em, timberboodle).

Attachments

• Woodcock.jpg
    Woodcock.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 232

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Teal ARE some fast flying duck's.....Sorry you and your buddy didn't connect,maybe next time!!Read a report that the Greenwing's are up 20% and the Bluewing's are up 28% NATIONWIDE.....Can't understand the short season here in the East either...Woodie's are kickin' butt here in the mid-atlantic....Here's a couple pic's of the one's I just got back,still waiting on a Pintail and of all thing's a Merganser....Duck Hunting,Gotta Love It!!!!

Attachments

• 2006_0921Image0002.JPG
    2006_0921Image0002.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 260
  • 2006_0921Image0001.JPG
    2006_0921Image0001.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 256

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
Maybe I should have put a smiley face after my question about snipe hunting. Yes we have snipe in my area, but I was thinking more along the line of the kind you catch at night with a flashlight and a gunny sack. I want someone to post a picture of that kind of snipe. ;D

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
When I was a Boyscout I got hit by that once....After that it was my turn to be the leader of the "snipe" hunt.....Thank's for bringin' back some memorie's.HH!!

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
Did some snipe hunting myself when I was younger. As I recall it required one stupid kid to beat the bushes with a stick to scare them out while another sh&* for brains kid held open a coffee sack til the snipe ran in...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread