Now I know what it feels like.....

Gunny71

Jan 14, 2009
Texas by Gawd
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.....When people don't cover thar cotton picking holes!
I wanted to swing the coil some at a local park, get there and see holes everywhere, dirt just kicked out into the grass and trash on top of the ground. I was so ticked off I said to heck with it all, went home and called it a day.
I hope I see this cat, I'd like to give him an attitude adjustment with the handle of my lesche!!!

8479582b.jpg

0f3ca524.jpg

a8d934ee.jpg

5790c982.jpg

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, AM Recon Sluice, Technetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I know what you mean. We went to a local beach about 3 weeks ago and someone had been there earlier with their sand scoop and left all kinds of big holes. I know it's a beach but those holes won't fill themselves and it just leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth for us detectorists. I'd like to catch ths guy as well. But like a close friend of mine told me years ago cfs(can't fix stupid).

OP
OP
Gunny71

Gunny71

Jan 14, 2009
Texas by Gawd
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
khpony said:
I know what you mean. We went to a local beach about 3 weeks ago and someone had been there earlier with their sand scoop and left all kinds of big holes. I know it's a beach but those holes won't fill themselves and it just leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth for us detectorists. I'd like to catch ths guy as well. But like a close friend of mine told me years ago cfs(can't fix stupid).
My grandpa said the same thing, only he folowed with "but you can keep it at bay with a big stick"

fortunehunter

Aug 11, 2011
Lumberton, Texas
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Gunny,I feel for you.There is an old couple in my area that hunt the same areas that I do.When I see them,I tell them that they need to refill their holes,but they just stare at me and will not respond.I would like to know what to say to them the next time I see them.Any suggestions tneters?

breed12

Jun 19, 2011
okla city okla
Detector(s) used
mxt pro. Cibola - bandido two
if you can take pictures or film them notfilling up there holes .i did this one time and they ask me what i was doing .i told them that i was going to show the police what they was doing and that they could get fined for leaving holes in the park the next time i saw them they were covering up there holes never did show the pictures to the police but kept the pictures in case they started doing it again

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Gunny71 said:
.....When people don't cover thar cotton picking holes! I wanted to swing the coil some at a local park, get there and see holes everywhere, dirt just kicked out into the grass and trash on top of the ground. I was so ticked off I said to heck with it all, went home and called it a day. I hope I see this cat, I'd like to give him an attitude adjustment with the handle of my lesche!!!

Gunny, don't the holes kinda help you? I mean, at least you know where NOT to swing your detector! Also you seem to have photographed some footprints. Since people tend to wear their treasure hunting shoes mostly for treasure hunting, you could easily recognize the culprit by their footprint. Finally, I'm sure you already dug and filled-in your fair share of holes for the Marines! Semper Fi, Semper Summatum!

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh man..that sucks.

I ran into a guy a few weeks ago detecting the same park I was and chatted with him briefly. He had been detecting for 5 years and was using a high end machine. He left after doing some cherry picking and I went over some of the area he was working.

Small but poorly filled holes..... and he left his trash finds on the top of the dirt pile. I was disappointed as he was a really nice guy otherwise. He was a visitor here.... I was hoping he would have a little more care for my city's oldest park.

I wish I could say I am a 100% clean digger.... some plugs dont cooperate, but I strive for perfection anyway.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread