Cellar hole or Nature ?

papa

Sep 21, 2006
Some years ago my Dad took me to a place in a open field,on top of a knoll,over looks a creek.Would be a great place for a fort,water and mountains for food near by.The thing is kind of spooky,a rock lined hole,about 40' X 20' and about 10' deep.The floor is also rock.The walls are nice and straight,just a little slope in the floor.A few small animal skeltons are at the bottom.On the top,I didn't find any remains of wood,stone,or anything else.First chance I get I'm going back with my MD. I hope I can find it again.
Anybody have any ideas what it might have been ? The land owner doesn't,land has been in his family for generations.
papa ???

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
In any event, sounds like a dangerous place to be alone. If someone fell into the hole, how would they get out? Which could explain the animal bones.

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
A little deep for a cellar hole, but I beleive that is what you have found and a big one at that. Go out and hit that one hard, sounds like it may have been rich folk :)

OP
OP
papa

papa

Sep 21, 2006
It may take me awhile to get back there,but you can bet I am,the first chance I get. After doing some research,I've heard of an "Old Tale" about a sealed CW cave in the same area, I do know that there was a CW battle a few miles from there. Anybody got a four wheeler and a ladder ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions