Something rather amusing:

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
By common sense, more shaft weight is further away for any given coil distance, hence more moment of force about the elbow. Not good.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW !

it even found a Chain with the coil that far off the ground
& the heal of the coil pointed up, while walking fast.

& see how easy to pinpoint.
2 beeps & It's there.
WOW :D

I Want one of them.

I'v seen many put their Coils backwards,
May be good if the Connection to the rod
is not Centered.

But it must lay flat.

Of course they are not Digging,
just getting surface finds.

It Surprises me a Manufacture would
have paid for an add that Poorly produced though.
It's like non of them Know detectors.

OP
OP
LuckyLarry

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
Jeff this is one of the funniest detector vids I've ever seen. Notice that one of the watches was found even before they got to it.

On a serious note, I'm betting that without someone telling them otherwise, they might mistake a metal detector for a floor polisher or a vacuum cleaner.

LL

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's like the 2 of them are connected at the hips :laughing9:

Also notice how often their Coils almost touch
each others As they find things.

it even leads them to each item ;D

Incredible :laughing7:

Oh I see Now.

It's the Pro Edition
& will set ya back $80 :notworthy:

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Lemme chime in with the appropriately awkward taste effect:

I wish they had done a video of this caliber for their sniper scope selection.... or not.

OP
OP
LuckyLarry

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
LowBatts I hope I haven't created a monster here...javascript:void(0);

Jeff, I nearly choked on that one!javascript:void(0);

Seriously though, doesn't it seem somewhat reminiscent of yet another more familiar ad that reads something like; "you know what's in the ground before you dig it up"? After all, they seemed to know what AND where it was - before they found it?

Perhaps a more interesting approach would have been if they swung their detectors against each other. Oh, I get it, they had a tight budget and couldn't afford a camera that would show them hunting in different areas instead of side-by-side.javascript:void(0);

You all have a fun one today, I will too. And Merry Christmas.

LL

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I have seen one's out detecting with there coil on like that......... I don't know were they get the idea to put the coil on like that................. I bought a used Tesoro from a newspaper ad went to seeit and the coil was on backward like that.................... I guess to each his own.........

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy said:
I have seen one's out detecting with there coil on like that......... I don't know were they get the idea to put the coil on like that................. I bought a used Tesoro from a newspaper ad went to seeit and the coil was on backward like that.................... I guess to each his own.........

Detector Box's & Manuals Do usually come with Pictures.

smcdmc

Aug 12, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 500, Teknetics G2, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! That was a painful video to watch.

OP
OP
LuckyLarry

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
And how about the "stem". The thing listed at 13" to 19" inches. Notice they wrote inches two ways.... ("), and inches, so we aren't confused with too much technology?

The only thing I can deduce from the "stem" thing is that it is the "search shaft? Search pole? Search rod? What a quandary!

Or are they referring to flowers? Nerve stems?

My guess is that the vid was done in some American Mom and Pop PR shop that didn't even have a clue, and then sent to China (which also didn't have a clue), trusting "American ingenuity(?)" without question, and then put online, (maybe) because they are primarily reaching newbies anyway (who also don't have a clue)..?

LL

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a sucker born every minute. :evil5:

Jonnie

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
When I first started out MD-ing, I unwittingly put the coil on backwards................

I started LOSING things everywhere I went !

Somebody pointed out that I had my coil on backwards, so I flipped it around, and VOILA ! I started FINDING things !

Diggem'

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sort of think the Coil being on backwards is the Least
of their Problems for finding things for real. :laughing7:

OP
OP
LuckyLarry

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:..................

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank God all the finds were surface finds since they have nothing with them to dig with...these guys are really lucky.

Great detectors...I was looking at the e-trac and V3i but now I will have to consider the Winbest as well.

NJ

OP
OP
LuckyLarry

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually the detectors aren't that bad, but those two guys might have trouble finding toilet paper in an outhouse.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The usual U Tube type rubbish but the coils are not up side down just reversed which was a standard way to fit a heavy coil for years. Not that these particular machines have heavy coils. For side on Z view detectors like the Pacemaker it was the suggested set up. The effort to swing reduces if a coil is reversed.

Very good quality as far as the video picture is concerned just not very sophisticated for trying to fool someone into buying the detectors in question.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread