Metal Detecting and Geocaching

relicminer

Dec 31, 2010
Pike County Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro-pointer, Lecshe Digging Tool, Predator Mauler T-Handle
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
See if a local dealer will give you discount coupons for a detector or accessories. You could also put old copies of treasure hunting magazines. Bury a nice coin that place a map to the location in the geocache box so the person would have to go with a detector to find the coin.

Hope that helps.

NJ

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I have found two geocaches by accident while metal detecting. I left two wheats in one. Never tried to actually find a geocache the normal way.

OP
OP
relicminer

relicminer

Dec 31, 2010
Pike County Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro-pointer, Lecshe Digging Tool, Predator Mauler T-Handle
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm assuming alot of MDers have gps units... If you haven't tried it give it a whirl, I do a lot after dark and it doen't interfere with MDing time... any cache is awesome, wheither found with a MD or a gps... (MDing Rules though)

Attachments

• images (9).jpg
    images (9).jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 685

j.dean

Dec 6, 2006
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's V3I, Garrett's AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always wanted to leave a disposable camera in one and have all the finders take a picture and put it back in. I think it would be neat to see the people.

OP
OP
relicminer

relicminer

Dec 31, 2010
Pike County Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
jdean, thats a good idea, I may use that one.

Coin Digger

Jul 13, 2008
Williams County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gotta be honest, the last thing I would want to do is promote metal detecting and increase the competition. I hate those White commercials, I in vision someone buying a detector and grabbing a shovel and heading out for a local park to dig some holes thinking their going to find a gold coin and in the process getting the park closed off.

Geocaching on the other hand is fun and the more that do it the better it is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread