Ever bury a cache of coins for someone to find in the future?

Cable

Dec 20, 2007
Detector(s) used
mxt, dfx, gmt,f75ltd, f5, gold bug, bhid
Well I have completed a portion of this idea. I am remodeling a part of my house built in 1931 by Grandfather. The area I am changing is over an old stairway with fairly large(3' x 3' ) area that you would not know that it was there until you removed the covering that I am putting on it. I had a bunch of old shooting trophies that were in this area & I am just covering them up and I am going to add some coins and a map of where to recover a bag of wheat cents. I am a coin collector so I will make it a good treasure for someone to find. Would love to be aqround when it is found, maybe a 100 years---I don't think so lol lol This is sort of fun---almost as good as finding one----ha ha

OP
OP
NicktheMainer

NicktheMainer

Mar 22, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cable said:
Well I have completed a portion of this idea. I am remodeling a part of my house built in 1931 by Grandfather. The area I am changing is over an old stairway with fairly large(3' x 3' ) area that you would not know that it was there until you removed the covering that I am putting on it. I had a bunch of old shooting trophies that were in this area & I am just covering them up and I am going to add some coins and a map of where to recover a bag of wheat cents. I am a coin collector so I will make it a good treasure for someone to find. Would love to be aqround when it is found, maybe a 100 years---I don't think so lol lol This is sort of fun---almost as good as finding one----ha ha

I would have a great time finding that, i also have a covered up staircase in my house but nothing good inside haha.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No, but I have thought of putting a time capsule together.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
How about this idea? I am tempted to take my defunct Treasure Mountain detector and bury it in City Park, at night of course.
It doesn't really deserve a decent burial but it might give somebody a thrill. Should I make a little coffin for it or just put fresh
batteries in and turn it on loud?

OP
OP
NicktheMainer

NicktheMainer

Mar 22, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lastleg said:
How about this idea? I am tempted to take my defunct Treasure Mountain detector and bury it in City Park, at night of course.
It doesn't really deserve a decent burial but it might give somebody a thrill. Should I make a little coffin for it or just put fresh

Good Idea!

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Insert Quote

Now that made me laugh all the way down to my special place

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread