jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have Patience. it may Be a Server Problem.

OP
OP
papa

papa

Sep 21, 2006
Jeff,I hope you are right,every time I try my hand at electronic repair,I have parts left over.Should I open the top of my monitor and dump them back in ?
This is starting to be "One of Those Week ends" ....... papa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how is it now ?

OP
OP
papa

papa

Sep 21, 2006
Same thing today,when I move over a name in the light gray area(it might be blue,I'm part color blind) it says "view profile of ...... " Everything else is OK.

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Don't worry... you haven't done anything wrong. It's just a page feature.

If you place your cursor/pointer on a member's name, you will see the text, "View the profile of..." This just means that if you click on that member's name, his profile page will appear.

If you don't click on the name, then the text, "View the profile of..." should disappear in a few moments. Or you can just move the cursor off the name.

Try it and see.

All the best,
PBK

OP
OP
papa

papa

Sep 21, 2006
OK thanks,though maybe I might have done something wrong. I'm not real good with computers. How do go about reading a "PM" ? Thanks ....... papa

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
papa said:
OK thanks,though maybe I might have done something wrong. I'm not real good with computers. How do go about reading a "PM" ? Thanks ....... papa

Just click on "Mail" at the top of the page. If you have any messages, they should appear.

OP
OP
papa

papa

Sep 21, 2006
OK,I know where it is now.It's hard for me to separate colors,and on some back grounds I can't see the color difference at all.Might take awhile,but I'll muddle through. ...... papa

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Perhaps you were joking about the monitor thing, but just in case. IF you put a monitor in a closet unplugged for over a year and then open it up and start messing with its guts you could die.

A monitor can hold an electrical charge for a long time and it can / does kill people each year. Its difficult to pin down an exact answer on the amps contained and what it takes to kill a person. Seems to be a very flexible answer. But still its pretty dangerous unless you know what you are doing.

TY,
Postalrevnant

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
papa, you might also look in the control panel for "Accessability Options. You can make changes on the Display tab for High Contrast.

Go to Start, look for Settings, go to Control Panel, then look for Accessibility Options.
There are 5 tabs on mine, Keyboard, Sound, Display, Mouse, and General.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread