How Do You Determine the Worth of a Detector for Sale?

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Probably the quickest way is to check completed auctions on eBay. Then add $50 to that price since it's so new.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you still have the original packaging? It helps. Did you mail in the warranty card yet? It would help if you hadn't. If you answered no to the 1st. and yes to the 2nd., then expect to sell it for around $175 or so. You may be able to get about $200 or slightly over, with the box and the warranty card. You gotta figure the resale value drops at least 20% as soon as you take it out of the box to try it out. JMHO

OP
OP
gylnne

gylnne

Nov 2, 2011
Edna, Kansas
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
diggummup said:
Do you still have the original packaging? It helps. Did you mail in the warranty card yet? It would help if you hadn't. If you answered no to the 1st. and yes to the 2nd., then expect to sell it for around $175 or so. You may be able to get about $200 or slightly over, with the box and the warranty card. You gotta figure the resale value drops at least 20% as soon as you take it out of the box to try it out. JMHO

Do you still have the original packaging? Yes

Did you mail in the warranty card yet? Yes

Thank you for your advice, appreciate it.:)

Curtis

OP
OP
gylnne

gylnne

Nov 2, 2011
Edna, Kansas
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mzjavert said:
Probably the quickest way is to check completed auctions on eBay. Then add $50 to that price since it's so new.

Very good idea Mzjavert, thank you.

Curtis

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
One just sold recently on eBay for $173 that had been factory serviced. I would say that as new as yours is I would start at $175 and see if you get more bids for it. That is probably the minimum you would want for it anyway.

OP
OP
gylnne

gylnne

Nov 2, 2011
Edna, Kansas
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
treasurehound said:
One just sold recently on eBay for $173 that had been factory serviced. I would say that as new as yours is I would start at $175 and see if you get more bids for it. That is probably the minimum you would want for it anyway.

Thanks for the info treasurehound.

Curtis

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread