New Metal Detectors for 2012 !

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry if it looks like I had 'insider info' on any, but I was wondering if anyone heard of anything new coming out this year from any companies?

I am sure companies will fill in their price-point gaps (like the VX3 did) and come out with some 'gold' variations of models, but was wondering if anyone heard of anything totally new and exciting to hit the market like when the AT-Pro came out, you know?

Some questions, from myself, for 2012..........

--will Garrett and Tesaro redesign their models to not look like they are from the 70's?

--will any other companies make a 'waterproof' detector like the AT-Pro?

--will fisher come out with the F80 3-frequency detector with color screen?

--will Minelab put out the E-Trac SE with the color screen, wireless headphones, and built-on probe?

-- will Whites redesign more models like the Coinmaster and Prizm with no boxes under the arm?

-- will Tesoro come out with their 'Conquistador' that runs 2 frequencies, one for coins and one for gold?

--will any company put a clock/timer on their head units so we are not late for work or or on the way to divorce court?

--will any company put a GPS location/marking system on their control boxes?

............Hold on to your pinpointers!
I hope 2012 is a good year for new products, great treasure, lots of luck, and good health to everyone here who also enjoys the best hobby in the world!

Viddy

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Will company (x, y, z, etc.) come up with an integrated pinpointer that signals according to your discrimination setting on your MD.

dnuggett

Greenie
Dec 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
--will Garrett and Tesaro redesign their models to not look like they are from the 70's? - who care's what they look like? I care if the unti works well, and I work well with the unit.

--will any other companies make a 'waterproof' detector like the AT-Pro?- maybe, I have an AT-Pro, so I'm kinda ambivalent to this.

--will fisher come out with the F80 3-frequency detector with color screen?- What if anything will the color screen do for your ability to find the objects you are after? I'm not saying there isn't a benefit to color, I just can't think of one, its an honest question.

--will Minelab put out the E-Trac SE with the color screen, wireless headphones, and built-on probe?- I see the benefit to the wireless headphones and built on probe. On the headphones battery life would need to be at least 10 hours continuous use for it to be a go to solution for everything.

-- will Whites redesign more models like the Coinmaster and Prizm with no boxes under the arm?- Again same point of the first one, who cares?

-- will Tesoro come out with their 'Conquistador' that runs 2 frequencies, one for coins and one for gold?-

--will any company put a clock/timer on their head units so we are not late for work or or on the way to divorce court?- I have a phone and a watch that tell time and I care enough to look at them if I have a time crunch. I don't need screen real estate taken up by a clock. Nor do I want to pay extra for a feature when I have two devices that tell time perfectly well.

--will any company put a GPS location/marking system on their control boxes?- Now there is something I'd be all over, if it worked as well as a good handheld unit. One less device I have to carry! I just need the coordinates displayed and it needs to be accurate to 3 meters. I would pay for that. The question will be one of battery life. I'd be willing to run an extra 2AA's or even a 9V to power it.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A detector with a coil that has a mico sonar image device that will show the shape of the actual target the coil just found on the screen , if it looks like a coin the odd,s are it is a coin etc. dig ! today with the high tech devises anything can be possible , just a thought . :read2: Jim

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deepdiger60 said:
A detector with a coil that has a mico sonar image device that will show the shape of the actual target the coil just found on the screen , if it looks like a coin the odd,s are it is a coin etc. dig ! today with the high tech devises anything can be possible , just a thought . :read2: Jim
.........now this cat is thinking!.......micro what.....

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Micro Sonar.........hmmmmm....Now THAT would be da bomb,in reality would it be that hard? something to think about, Probably end digging pulltabs. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tesoro has a waterproof detector "The SandShark" and it comes with waterproof headphones for diving!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mzjavert said:
Will company (x, y, z, etc.) come up with an integrated pinpointer that signals according to your discrimination setting on your MD.
Sunray already does this with their inline probes which run off the detectors circuity. Its like a 1" coil.

As for whats new, keep reading Western & Eastern Treasures magazine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread