Discovery 2000 Water proof ?

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
papa, if it wasn't sold as Waterproof then it is not. You can however put a large zipper storage bag over it and tape it snug or a large clear bag. I have also used mine in the rain that way at the beach. Most search coils will, however, claim to be water proof. I have the BH Discovery 3300. I have run the coil through the water many times with no problems. Get it into the water and leave it or use it on the land. Passing it back and forth over the water will cause it to sound off if half of the swing is over water and you finish the swing over land. It is annoying.

GL and HH

OP
OP
papa

papa

Sep 21, 2006
That settles it ! I'm going !! Thanks wdff. Now if mine goes bonkers,can I borrow yours ?

OP
OP
papa

papa

Sep 21, 2006
Well,It's nasty to MD,cold steady rain all day. BUT,I did meet a local MD nut. Seems he saw some of my posts on here ! Can't hunt,so we drank coffee and swapped stories,had a blast !!

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
Good for you, papa.

I took today off. Getting some new furniture, moving it myself. We are having a nor-easter. It has rained hard all day. I didn't move any furniture, or go diggin. Got my shopping done, that's about all.

Lousy day all around.

DM

OP
OP
papa

papa

Sep 21, 2006
DM, I think we got your storm here. Man ! What a mess !!

OP
OP
papa

papa

Sep 21, 2006
Dang !! I wished you lived closer !! Hey, I forgot about UPS. Should I give you my mailing address ? Oh, does POS count as kaputt ? ................ Well,at least you offered,It's the though that counts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread