CHICAGO AREA: Metal Detectors Stolen!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A friend of mine, the Father of a young man now serving in Afghanistan (for the third time) and a veteran himself, had all of his gold prospecting gear stolen at the Chicago airport – possibly by baggage handlers, on his way back home from Alaska.

Three detectors : Tesoro Bandito II; Tesoro Sand Shark; and a Minelab 705 with four additional coils. He lost more than that, but the cops don’t want more than this out there right now. If you see any craigslist; ebay; Chicago pennysaver, whatever, please drop me a PM or email [email protected] Thanks!

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Sorry to hear that Terry, I just searched all over Craigslist in multiple cities, ebay and didn't come up with anything.
Most likely pawn shop, or keeping them.

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't put anything on a plane ship it U.P.S. cheaper and safer

Jonnie

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to hear that ...... But if i fly i always ship my equipment just like baywalker .. UPS to a address to were i am going..... Or to my motel.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread