Bounty Hunter® Tracker IV™ Metal Detector

ethan

Jan 8, 2013
CA
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tracker 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Bounty Hunter Tracker 4 is a great detecter.I have found 13 pennies and 2 quarters in 5 days!

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
My first detector was a Tracker IV....found TONS of stuff with it....easy to learn, and a lot of fun to use....found a lot of coins, and relics with this machine. (I've still got it as a back up, but I need a new lower shaft for it) but plan on keeping it....
Baggins

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There have been alot of people that have found alot of good things with the Tracker IV! It's not the fastest, or deepest out there, but it gets the job done. Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

BountyHunter76

Greenie
Jan 3, 2013
PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV for christmas and am new to detecting i went out today and had my sensitivity up the whole way, got a lot of false signals once i put the sensitivity to halfway i started to find things. I also believe i changed the mode from "all metal" to "ton". Finding junk is alot of fun (this is my first time ever detecting) maybe thats why but i was wondering what the best setup to have on it to get more coins. I would get the fuzzy beeps and usually those were aluminum cans that got burnt in my fire pit. I would get some solid decently high pitched beeps and pulled up some nails and some other objects that are interesting but i dont know what they are. So my main question is - What is the best setup to have the bounty hunter tracker iv in?

GittyRivers

Aug 2, 2013
Grants Pass Oregon
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter tracker IV, and now Bounty Hunter Gold Digger and Bounty Hunter PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello everyone! I just saw people in the park metal detecting after there had been this major event. I'm sitting there thinking, Yeah duh! great idea! So I started researching the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV metal detector, and can get one at the hobby lobby yes and can use a coupon on it yes but I am going to wait for a 50% coupon should come up soon. Anyway my question is this: it says that it is fully submersible so does this mean it can also be use in like a river bed looking for gold? Also have interest in gold panning just moved to Oregon and wondered if anyone has used the Tracker for this?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone! I just saw people in the park metal detecting after there had been this major event. I'm sitting there thinking, Yeah duh! great idea! So I started researching the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV metal detector, and can get one at the hobby lobby yes and can use a coupon on it yes but I am going to wait for a 50% coupon should come up soon. Anyway my question is this: it says that it is fully submersible so does this mean it can also be use in like a river bed looking for gold? Also have interest in gold panning just moved to Oregon and wondered if anyone has used the Tracker for this?

It means the coil is waterproof, the controls are not waterproof.

The tracker would be useless for gold nugget hunting, it is a very basic detector, what we call entry level or starter detector, and it is on the low end of entry level.

Gold nugget hunting requires a far better detector, most gold nuggets are tiny and the Tracker IV will never see them. If your going to hunt gold nuggets, you need a detector designed for nugget hunting other wise it is like trying to find a needle in a haystack or shoveling snow with a rake...[emoji1]

GittyRivers

Aug 2, 2013
Grants Pass Oregon
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter tracker IV, and now Bounty Hunter Gold Digger and Bounty Hunter PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you Treasure_Hunter, I figured it was only the coil not the whole machine hahaha as I wont be doing any diving. Anyways would be at beginner level i should mostly be on dry land. Good to know the info on this. :icon_thumleft:

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a bounty hunter 505 and I like it too

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread